Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
    11/24-28 here. Replaced my real old Bear with a pse drive this year. Been shooting a bunch.
    Nice! I replaced an 07 Browning Illusion to this! With this many bow hunts, it was a MUST!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
      Hell yes! We gotta meet up! Hopefully at the skinning station!

Heck yea. I'll be there for sure

Comment

Nice! I replaced an 07 Browning Illusion to this! With this many bow hunts, it was a MUST

Sweet rig.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          Man I miss your food. Will be there for sure agin this year.
          Food still good. We've been shutting down at 3pm every day tho. Not sure when my MIL says to open Friday nights. Probably when we see the winter Texans.

Comment

Congrats on the draw, BigRed.

A wise man once said, "You're in for a difficult time, its a different world down there''[emoji13]

I'm heading back down there again this year too! 11/17 -11/21.[emoji106]

Must've been a pretty smart guy.

Congrats to you too. Where you coming from for the hunt?

Comment

I was drawn for the first hunt. First time there hunted Tiente last year and had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                Must've been a pretty smart guy.

Congrats to you too. Where you coming from for the hunt?
                Currently in Port Isabel, previously Port Mansfield and Baffin Bay....but by November, I dont know...where ever the road takes me.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                  Food still good. We've been shutting down at 3pm every day tho. Not sure when my MIL says to open Friday nights. Probably when we see the winter Texans.
                  Well looks like I'll be eatin early one day or two for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cprothro View Post
                    I was drawn for the first hunt. First time there hunted Tiente last year and had a great time.
                    I just got drawn for both LAWR and Tiente. I've never been to Tiente before. How is it out there?

Comment

Originally posted by jakefromtx View Post
                      I just got drawn for both LAWR and Tiente. I've never been to Tiente before. How is it out there?
                      Brush is the same as LANWR. Need to get up off the ground a little. Tripod will work best

Comment

So, I have read mixed answers to my question. I am trying to clarify with people who know for sure/have been before or called.

Do we use our own deer tags, or are additional tags provided?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                          So, I have read mixed answers to my question. I am trying to clarify with people who know for sure/have been before or called.

You will use your own hunting license tags. There will not be permit tags provided. As reference, I tagged 2 bucks last year on LANWR.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post

Yes you use your own tags.

Comment

Thanks for clearing it up. I opened the attachment after paying fee, and saw that printed. But, then someone had told me they thought you got tags during draw if it was for deer.

Comment

My buddy put three of us in and we drew the first archery/nilgai at LA. We hunt together all over the west so we don't mind a challenging hunt. But after reading some of the threads on this hunt I am having second thoughts. Is it worth 5 days of a guy's season? Success rates don't scare us, we do it for the adventure and fellowship more than the kill. But I don't want to get into a circus of a pumpkin patch. Hopefully I am wrong! I would love to hear form some LA vets. Thanks in advance.
                                Go get em!
                                Kasey

Comment

Working...
                                X