Finally finished one (knife)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished one (knife)

I have been reading and watching just about everything you knife guys put up here for a while. I started messing around trying to create my own skinning knife. After several failed attempts this is the one that made it through. Not the prettiest thing. The handle needs work, but I like how it's turned out so far. I cut it out of an old saw blade. The grinder kinda got away from me and cut that groove. Oops but doesn't bother me too much.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by benwhite34; 12-14-2014, 11:29 PM.

That is pretty sweet!!!

Comment

nice work brother.keep it up

Comment

Looks good! That blade is pretty unique!

Comment

That groove could be your trademark. Sweet little knife

Comment

I like it, keep up the good work.

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

It looks good to me. I've been thinking about making a knife similar to that--same blade, but the handle is shaped differently. I was going to use it as a cheese knife.

Comment

It's defenatly a little different, it fits well in my hand. My little brother used it skinning deer all day today. He said it kept a good edge and worked well. He did say that he wished the blade was a couple inches longer, so I guess the next one will be larger.

Comment

Beware; I've heard somewhere the knife making can be addictive! Welcome to the support group.

Good job, I really like that design, it ought to do a great job for ya.

Comment

I like that design!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                        Beware; I've heard somewhere the knife making can be addictive! Welcome to the support group.

Good job, I really like that design, it ought to do a great job for ya.
                        X2

Looks good

Comment

Nice work! It looks great

Comment

Working...
                          X