No announcement yet.

Porcupine in my tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many moons ago I was hunting in Alberta Canada, we asked a farmer if we could hunt near a grain bin on his place, he said why sure, under one condition, if you see that big arse porcupine down there shoot his arse, well low and behold he showed up, I shot him with a 300 mag, looked like he had tannerite in him, it was crazy, there were quills covering in the ground, farmer was happy and said hunt anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
      First thing Junior said when I told him was, "Ya should have shot it and had it mounted" ????????? Dont know how many taxidermist would want to mess with a dang porcupine.
      They make a very cool mount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        I shoot them on sight. They are far from harmless and love to eat plywood, plus they are no friends to dogs who always investigate it and wind up with a face/nose full of quills.
        See what they did to one of my best ground blinds?
        NCM_0382 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
        KIMG0478 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

All repaired with sheet metal bottom now.
        KIMG0394 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
        Yep, In Michigan they will eat the whole side of your hunting camp in the winter. Death to them all ..... See what they did to that blind well imagine driving up to your camp in the woods in the winter and finding the side of your camp house opened up like that.

RD

Comment

I guess they are pretty destructive critters, have seen a handful of em over the 20+ years I have been hunting out there. Its all on family land and nobody runs any livestock anymore around there or on neighboring properties so we just kinda leave the porcupines alone. They dont seem to be doing any noticeable damage to anything so we dont bother em. Coons are a different story.....we kill everyone we can.

Comment

Working...
          X