Accuracy for competitions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
    I've shot a few 3D tournaments and the one SYWAT, which was a 300 point possible shoot. To say I shot horribly would be an understatement! But, since I rarely have any trad folks to compare to, I was just wondering what is considered "good" shooting?

If folks are hitting 240s and 280s at these things, I have a LONG way to go! Time to practice!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
    There are people at 3D shoots hitting 240's and 280's but there are also folk there hitting anywhere from 150-200 and having a fine old time for themselves. For some of us, no zero's is a great day. For other's it's bringing all your arrows home. For some it's a personal best no matter how far out of contention for the top 3 places they are. Or just spending a few hours wandering around with a good group of people. Buckles and plaques are great, but most of us derive our fun from other things. So come on out and shoot; you'll undoubtedly get better over time, but if you wait until you're "really good" to come out you'll miss a lot of fun in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by TXMark View Post
      I shoot sometimes in Emory and have shot 1 time in Tyler. Maybe we can get together at one of the shoots this summer. I think it would make you feel more comfortable to have someone to shoot with. My first 3-D shoot the goal was to come back with all my arrows. I failed at it. My motto is this " We may not be the best shooters on the course, but we have more fun."
      is their a course in emory ? I visit family that lives in that area a few times a year

Comment

Hitting a pie plate consistently at 20yds is impressive with trad gear. I think you'd be fine although like others have said shooting 3d targets at unknown distance is a challenge.

Richard.

Comment

I Think there is a TBOT shoot in Tyler in March. That is close and it will be fun. Plan on going out to that one. I am coming if I can.

Wayne

Comment

You just have to get out there and do it. You might want to set a goal but foremost, you want to just enjoy the shoot. If you have a particular goal, you might not want to dwell on it too much though. Don't stress about it for sure.
            Don't worry about the score but concentrate on every target and every shot. The score will take care of itself. You'll have some bad days and some good days, we all do.
            Best part is, you'll learn from the misses and weak shots what you need to work on and you'll meet some great folks and you'll have a lot of fun.
            My goal this year is to make as many shoots as I can and meet some more trad shooters and make friends along the way.

Comment

I'm going to the ones at Cow town but for me it's more about the other shooters who can show me what I don't know, haven't seen or paid attention to in the past. I hope to hit the targets but I'm not worried about 12, 10 or 5. Just being able to hit them in the chest would be alright with me. But I'm sure I will miss and not do to well. If I can maintain my self composure and not get frustrated with it then I will have a good time. I honestly couldn't give a rip about plaques or trophies. I had a bunch from fishing and have given most of them away to be repurposed. Sharing the experience with shooters of this discipline will be the reward.

Gary

Comment

Working...
              X