Edwards County Hunting Reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwards County Hunting Reports?

I'm headed to the ranch this weekend in Rocksprings and wondering if the turkeys are gobblin? Are the axis in hard horns now?

The axis in Real County are all still in velvet for the most part. Always a few hard horn running around, but most are still in velvet. Turkey are gobblin.

Comment

Heard the turkeys gobbling last month but didn't hear any this past weekend.

I've never known the axis to be seasonal as far as being hard horned. I always thought that they went by individual schedules. I could be wrong.

Here's a recent pic that shows both...

[ATTACH]232705[/ATTACH]

Comment

If you have food and warter you will have game. It is really bad at my place on 674

Comment

Got a report last week. The owner of my lease got 4 turkeys and a hog. They saw a large group of axis as well. I head down there on Easter and cannot wait to try out my new bow blinds. I also put a new feeder with nothing but sweet feed out there so I cant wait to see what shows on the game cam!

Comment

Thanks y'all!
            Yeah I know axis go on their own schedule but a lot of em have hard horns this time of year, or close to it, gettin geared up for summer, just what I have noticed.

Anyone else been to the area lately?

Cant wait to shoot my new set up at some fur and feathers!

Comment

It's very, very dry and hot...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	dry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	23986233

Expect activity at the feeders...

Name:	hfeeder.jpg.jpg
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	23986234

Despite numerous setups, our birds were either henned up or non-responsive (drought)...

Name:	fbook3.jpg
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	23986235

We had to blast our only bird with a rifle while he watered...

Name:	route4.jpg
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	23986236

Heard a few axis bugling but overall most activity was at night....

Comment

Heard a few axis bugling but overall most activity was at night....[/QUOTE]

I put my new light system on my feeder the last time I was out there so I cant wait to see what comes out at night

Comment

Man... what happened to the turkeys this year... Darn this drought

Comment

They choked on all the dust

Comment

There last weekend, gobblers not responding to calls. Some where gobbling though. Dad and nephew each got a Tom. Saw lots of jakes, lots of turkeys! Axis were all soft horned, saw some really nice ones! Good luck

Comment

Went last weekend and had gobblers comin in to about 60 yards Saturday morning and Sunday morning I didn't hear a single gobble.

Comment

Working...
                        X