Manitoba Black Bear Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manitoba Black Bear Hunt

I jumped on a last minute spot that opened up on a black bear hunt with Hasting Brothers Outfitters in Manitoba Canada. I called my friend Dennis two Sundays ago to give him a rundown on the work weekend at the lease. Instead of talking about the lease, Dennis mentions that they had one of their guys that had to back out on the hunt. So after talking to Dennis, I ran it by my wife who encouraged me to go. In less than a week, I was off to Canada to hunt black bear. I flew to Minneapolis/St. Paul and meeting up with Dennis and the rest of the group on Saturday. Tim picked us up at the hotel, Sunday morning for a 3 hour trip to the lodge. We spent Sunday afternoon shooting bows and fishing. Even the weather was a little off, we made the most of our first afternoon at the lodge. I was happy to to trade Houston heat/humidity for cool Canadian weather.
    Attached Files

And...............now for the rest of the story...........

Comment

few pics of the main lodge
      Attached Files

Comment

first walleye.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good luck and have lots of fun!

Comment

loading up for the first hunt with cubs watching.
            Attached Files

Comment

Grabbing lunch prior to hitting the stands.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0157.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	24079823
              Ready to get it started.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice, good luck to you. Beautiful country!

Comment

We all saw bears on the first hunt on Monday, no shots were fired. To back up, there were 5 bowhunters and one rifle hunter in camp. Tuesday, Dave shot his bear, but we were late getting in, and I didn’t get pictures. Wednesday morning, Dennis and I decide to try a little fishing before breakfast.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Daniel and I tagged out on Wednesday. We both made great shots and our bears didn't go 30 yards. Tim (owner/guide) skinned Daniel's bear in the woods prior to picking me up, so again, I didn't get pictures of his bear. The next morning we took some of mine. And I was reminded that I forgot to smile!
                    Attached Files

Comment

With two days left, Daniel and I decided to do a little fishing. Besides, someone needed to supply the walleye for the friday night fish fry. Caught a few pike and I also caught a nice smallmouth which I was pretty excited about.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Friday, I decided to head out with Tim in the boat to take Dennis down the lake to a bait he was going to hunt that evening. Saw a bald eagle and a huge snapping turtle.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well, Dennis had few opportunities at some very nice bears, but he was holding out for a big one. He didn't get his, but 11 year old Christopher shot his first bear. We finished the hunt with and incredible fish fry! Walleye is my new favorite fish.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Tim and Dale did an outstanding job of putting everyone on bears. Donna and Avery made sure that we all probably went home a few pounds heavier. Homemade desserts and fresh baked cookies everyday! Some of the desserts were so good, I had to get the recipes. I couldn't thank them enough for their hospitality.

Comment

That's awesome James! Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X