Arrow weight ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow weight ?

Just curious how much weigh is to much arrow weight for a recurve?
    For instance I'm playing with a 70# recurve an I want to shoot like around 700 to 750 grain arrow. Would that be to much for the bow? I'm not going to be after very big game just want to play around an just want some opinions

Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

That's not too heavy out of a 70lb recurve.

Comment

What spine would y'all recommend for me to start with?

Comment

Is your bow center cut? How much weight up front? Arrow length?

Comment

Sorry using carbon arrows I have 340 an 300

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
              Is your bow center cut? How much weight up front? Arrow length?

I think it is. I was thinking around 225 or so up front but I can play with that some

Comment

10gpp arrow weight is just fine! There is not much gonna stop that arrow off a 70# bow!

Bisch

Comment

I currently shoot 750 gr arrows out of my 60 lb recurve. (Counting brass insert, weighted adapter, and point/broadhead, I have 450 grs on the nose of my arrows.) It sure makes the bow quiet and those heavy arrows really thump and shake 3D targets. There's not much, especially here in N. America, that will stop that heavy of an arrow.

They ought to shoot great out of your 70 pounder!

Comment

Originally posted by BAPilot2 View Post
                    I currently shoot 750 gr arrows out of my 60 lb recurve. (Counting brass insert, weighted adapter, and point/broadhead, I have 450 grs on the nose of my arrows.) It sure makes the bow quiet and those heavy arrows really thump and shake 3D targets. There's not much, especially here in N. America, that will stop that heavy of an arrow.

They ought to shoot great out of your 70 pounder!

Sondes good I'll try all this out

Comment

I shot a 70# recurve and used a 670gr arrow. it shot thru animals just like mg 55# bow w 550 grain arrow so I sold that bow and dropped 15# in draw weight. I'm just saying good luck w ur shooting. happy new year.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                        I shot a 70# recurve and used a 670gr arrow. it shot thru animals just like mg 55# bow w 550 grain arrow so I sold that bow and dropped 15# in draw weight. I'm just saying good luck w ur shooting. happy new year.

I understand I also have a 55# longbow but I just got this bow just wanted to play around with it

Comment

Working...
                        X