help me out! Nikon - Canon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldybarton View Post
    I am really looking at getting a Nikon d5300 in the near future. I will be having a girl in August and would like to have something better than a phone for pictures and videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a 5100, they are good cameras. Best in that price point imo.

Comment

Learning the camera is easier than learning what the available light has to offer the resulting image. The lower cost cameras offer settings that rival expensive models.
      So, give the camera lots of work in the manual mode to learn the light. This will keep you out of the post processing time.
      Good luck, you'll enjoy your purchase.

Comment

If you go to look at a camera, take a couple of sd cards with you to take pics with at the store. Use one in a Canon and one in a Nikon, then you can compare the two later at home on the computer. When you decide on a camera, the first thing to do is learn to work with RAW files. I never use my Canon in manual mode, most of the time in either shutter or aperture priority depending on the scene.

Comment

I picked up a D5300 2 lens kit with case and sd card from Best Buy for $600. Very happy with it so far! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nikon-d5...99265300050000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

can't lose either way

Comment

Go to your local camera shop and talk and question them about your intentions and try them out

Comment

The Newest Western Hunter magazine has an article about camera that has more than I'd ever need to know about. May be worth picking it up and reading before you make a decision

Comment

If you decide on a Canon, get the new T6i or T6s. Well worth the extra money.

Comment

Working...
                  X