Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Equipment and Tuning

Old 02-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.
Default Option Archery

Any of y'all played with any of their stuff? I am seeing the stab/quiver combo all over social media. The option 8 site looks pretty dang sweet also. It's a single pin with an extra housing that folds over into a multi pin. It is cool to see some new innovation coming into the game.
The stuff is pricey but it looks well made.
Stoof is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
Rat
Ten Point

I looked at an Option Sight last year at a 3D tournament. Pretty cool how the pin moves but not the scope/housing, keeps the anchor in the same spot for all distances.

The knobs area bit small for my liking. the folding miltipin housing is cool as well; easy to see the appeal, just not for me.

I have never seen the quivelizer in person but I know Joe Rogan uses it so it can't be all bad right?
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #3
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.

Cam Hanes is using one too, and he is super dreamy.
Stoof is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 06:20 PM   #4
Miller
Eight Point

Hunt In: Fort McKavett, Laredo

I have the Option 4 and have had it for about a year. It is expensive so no getting past that, but most top end sights are.

Like Rat mentioned I really like that the single pin moves and the housing does not. I also like that when I move the single pin the fixed pins stay into play. For when I am spot and stalking for elk I keep my fixed pins at 30,40 and 50 yards and the single pin at 60 yards. Then I can float the single pin down if needed.

When I am whitetail hunting I just flip the multi pin housing out of the way and use it as single pin. I much prefer shooting with a single pin so this was a big bonus for me.

I did not like the single pin being smaller in diameter than the fixed pins. It wasn't as bright and I just couldn't see it as well. I emailed the company and they offered to swap the pin out for a bigger one. I mailed it off on Monday and had it back by the weekend. All I did was pay for the shipping there.

It is built really well and I haven't had a single problem with it.

I did not like the looks of the Option 8, simply because the sight housing is oval and pretty big. I find that a smaller sight housing helps me with accuracy. That and circle peep, wouldn't match up with the oval housing. I think I saw they may have made a peep for that, but it is just not for me.
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #5
Bkvill
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano, Oklahoma

I use the option 8 but I custom ordered it with 2 fixed pins (20-30) and 1 adjustable pin. I love it.
Bkvill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top