viral video of burleson football player being targeted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

viral video of burleson football player being targeted

this has been all over the news and social media, 3 different videos showing the kid being targeted. seems like the ol' "i want #14 on his back on every play" from the coach, which we probably all heard a time or two growing up....

being smack in the middle of youth sports with 8 and 10yo boys right now, the importance of winning from some coaches is pretty frustrating. i am just as competitive as anyone, and like charles barkley said, i hate to lose more than i like to win, to the point that i wont bowl (dumbest game ever) when we all go out because i suck. but watching youth coaches solely, and obviously, coaching to win is disheartening.

The University Interscholastic League is investigating the targeted attack on a Burleson High School football player during a game against Waco. The attack was captured on video.

76 shouldn't play high school football again...ever, and his coach ought to set at home the rest of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This term gets thrown around a lot but that was straight up assault. Kid should not be allow to play football, period. His coaches should be facing stiff punishment also.

That goes way beyond anything considered being tough and physical until the whistle blows.

Comment

That kid needs an assault charge. that's not footbal

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
          This term gets thrown around a lot but that was straight up assault. Kid should not be allow to play football, period. His coaches should be facing stiff punishment also.

That goes way beyond anything considered being tough and physical until the whistle blows.
          You beat me to it

Comment

I was expecting to see something like we hear called "targeting" every weekend in college ball. That was nothing like it, he has no business getting back on the field and if the coach had anything to do with ordering it then he should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              76 shouldn't play high school football again...ever, and his coach ought to set at home the rest of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              the sad part is, he was MOST LIKELY just doing what he was being told by his coach all week watching film.

the head coach should be made an example of this week by the UIL.
              Last edited by jshouse; 09-27-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Warren Sapp comes to mind. He was a heap shot punk.

Does this kid need as assault charge? No
                Should he be banned from football in the state of Tx, sure
                Should his coaches have consequences, yep

Comment

Wow that was pretty sad.

Comment

That is bulls*t. That kid deserves to be kicked out of all sports. I don't care how good or big he is, he needs to learn there is always someone better and bigger. Kid deserves an a**whipping.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Warren Sapp comes to mind. He was a heap shot punk.

Does this kid need as assault charge? No
                      Should he be banned from football in the state of Tx, sure
                      Should his coaches have consequences, yep
                      He choked the kid and slammed his head off the turf. Those aren't football moves, its assault.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                        He choked the kid and slammed his head off the turf. Those aren't football moves, its assault.
                        I agree! A hit after the whistle, taking out the knees... those are unsportsmanlike plays. Grabbing someone by head and shoulders and pounding their head on the ground is assault.

Comment

No place for that crap.

Comment

If I were to do that in high school you can guarantee coach would have kicked me or anyone else off the team.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                              That is bulls*t. That kid deserves to be kicked out of all sports. I don't care how good or big he is, he needs to learn there is always someone better and bigger. Kid deserves an a**whipping.
                              That’s my first thought. Off the field. No pads. Beat the breaks off the kid. But these days they don’t allow fighting lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X