No announcement yet.

Identify a broadhead for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've killed with both of them(single and double). Both just about the same spot. I saw no difference. Both blew completely thru with what seemed like a baseball sized hole.
    Last edited by hpdrifter; 12-16-2017, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      I think he is asking if they are single bevel heads.
      This.
      Thank You StickBowcoop!
      GBoard Swype typing sucks! HTC Keyboards even worse, at least for me.

Did a quick Google search on Single vs. Double BEVEL Broadheads
      1. "What the heck is a modular weight system, is that a new diet plan?" -  my wife, living room​My Wife,     No, the Patented Modular Weight system I (your husband) created is not a diet plan.  It is a patented 25 grain weight collar that allows one pack of heads to be shot as either 100 or 125 grain.  Simply remove th

Comment

Yup Bear Razor heads. Gramps was s smart guy. Best equipment of the day back then.
        The small slots on the side were for bleeder blades. The look like bat wings. Check the box.

Comment

"I found this in my grandpaws bow case" -You know how to make a man feel old! That is a later version of the Bear razor head.The earlier ones were an olive drab green.I killed my first deer with one over 40 years ago.Fred Bear killed just about everything that walked with them.I still have a few dozen of the old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by limbbender View Post
            "I found this in my grandpaws bow case" -You know how to make a man feel old! That is a later version of the Bear razor head.The earlier ones were an olive drab green.I killed my first deer with one over 40 years ago.Fred Bear killed just about everything that walked with them.I still have a few dozen of the old ones.

Any chance you’d be willing to part ways with some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still the only BH I shoot--it ain't broke, so no need to try and fix it.

Comment

Jmsck -Sure ,Pm me.

Comment

Boy that bh brings back some good memories, along with a White Wing Hunter recurve, port Orford cedar shafts, hand split and trimmed real turkey feathers, and my first deer with that equipment- a nice little ten point shot on Aransas National Wildlife Refuge back in 1963. Man time flies when you are having fun don't it?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                    Boy that bh brings back some good memories, along with a White Wing Hunter recurve, port Orford cedar shafts, hand split and trimmed real turkey feathers, and my first deer with that equipment- a nice little ten point shot on Aransas National Wildlife Refuge back in 1963. Man time flies when you are having fun don't it?
                    It certainly does.I also hunted Aransas Refuge back in the day.We made our own arrows.My buddy had a feather burner and used to stink up the house when making the fletchings.But then there was the good aroma of a freshly cut Port Orford shaft.My buddy is gone now but he left me that feather burner along with the rest of his archery stuff.Those were good days.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      Still the only BH I shoot--it ain't broke, so no need to try and fix it.

Have any carnage pics?

Comment

Anyone have an idea of how much they weigh?

Comment

I am thinking 145 gr. with the bleeder and without the ferrule.They were originally made before the days of screw in broadheads. You glued them on the end of a tapered shaft(wood).Now you can add or subtract weight by installing whatever weight screw in ferrule that you want.

Comment

Originally posted by limbbender View Post
                            Jmsck -Sure ,Pm me.

Pm sent, I think.

Comment

Looks like a old Bear broad head.

Comment

Bear made some super razorheads after the original tan ones that looked liked that and came with the ferrel already installed, but i think those were stsinless steel. It's possible those are supers that are not SS.
                                145 gr.

Comment

Working...
                                X