Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #201
tonyt79
Ten Point
 
tonyt79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wylie
Hunt In: All over
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Have a good friend who's Son played in a Championship down in Mesquite last night.

27 degrees and dropped throughout the game due to wind chill. I can tell you, that game wasn't good baseball. Heck, our games Saturday weren't really good baseball.

I'd say more nuts than anything at this point. Sometimes I just dont know about this stuff.


This weekend was a horrible way to start the season, cold and wet on Saturday and very cold Sunday. Our boys didnít even want to win Sunday. Our coach doesnít allow them to wear anything but long sleeve undershirt on the field so they were freezing both days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonyt79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #202
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
So how do the bats hold up in cold temps? I thought it wasn't recommended to use composite or thin wall aluminum in temps below 50. Cracks and dents...
Got different bats for the cold weather.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #203
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt79 View Post
This weekend was a horrible way to start the season, cold and wet on Saturday and very cold Sunday. Our boys didnít even want to win Sunday. Our coach doesnít allow them to wear anything but long sleeve undershirt on the field so they were freezing both days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's a dumb ***.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2019, 12:23 PM   #204
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Comanche, Tx
Hunt In: Huntless
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt79 View Post
This weekend was a horrible way to start the season, cold and wet on Saturday and very cold Sunday. Our boys didnít even want to win Sunday. Our coach doesnít allow them to wear anything but long sleeve undershirt on the field so they were freezing both days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe I would be having a talk with the head coach. That is just stupid
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2019, 12:43 PM   #205
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
He's a dumb ***.
This.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #206
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
So how do the bats hold up in cold temps? I thought it wasn't recommended to use composite or thin wall aluminum in temps below 50. Cracks and dents...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
He switches to an aluminum..
mostly because im not taking the chance ..composite aint cheap...
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #207
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

We are at baseball usa this weekend!

8 and 12 oclock games.
field 3 and 2

I'll be in a warehouse type place in Plano for volleyball at 8 am. At least we got the 3 team pool! Will be out of there by 11.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2019, 08:29 AM   #208
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Comanche, Tx
Hunt In: Huntless
Default

My son’s team is play at Oak Grove in Grapevine at 8 and 10. I will be in Houston with my daughter at the Houston Livestock Show
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2019, 08:54 AM   #209
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

after our play last week i kind if wished we were playing this weekend, but we may get some hog hunting in and do some work in the woods.
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 07:31 AM   #210
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Kiddos headed down around Noon, and going to hit the OU vs Rice game tonight. May go back tomorrow for the afternoon game after pool play, if it stays on time.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #211
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Kiddos headed down around Noon, and going to hit the OU vs Rice game tonight. May go back tomorrow for the afternoon game after pool play, if it stays on time.
thats awesome, i picked up some tickets to a&m and DBU next tuesday, should be fun.

has anyone sat in "the yard" at DBU? i am guessing we should take chairs?
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 11:13 AM   #212
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Kiddos headed down around Noon, and going to hit the OU vs Rice game tonight. May go back tomorrow for the afternoon game after pool play, if it stays on time.
Good luck!
Also good luck with 'on time' aspect..
Big tourney... and lots of turmoil surrounding the overflow fields used in past couple of tourneys larson has put on...
And.. its been raining..
Depending on age group.. littleyork and RAC have gotten bad commentary.. littleyork sucks bad on great weather days.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #213
cwill
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bellville Tx
Hunt In: Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Good luck!
Also good luck with 'on time' aspect..
Big tourney... and lots of turmoil surrounding the overflow fields used in past couple of tourneys larson has put on...
And.. its been raining..
Depending on age group.. littleyork and RAC have gotten bad commentary.. littleyork sucks bad on great weather days.
X1000! Just a word of advice for all of you out of town guys.... don't mess with BBUSA tournaments unless you have to! No telling where you will end up playing and it can be as far as an hour away which is a nightmare when booking rooms. For a better experience book a nation's tournament at Premier baseball or something at the Scrapyard. Premier has been hosting some 5tool events and they have been drawing some good attention. Also the perfect game events at Premier are legit. Good luck to all this weekend!
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 01:06 PM   #214
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Thank yall! much appreciated.

Only reason we got into this one was the competition of a bigger tournament.

We are 11uAAA and like seeing something different a couple times a year.

We are in Beaumont for the April tournament. 4/13
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #215
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Thank yall! much appreciated.

Only reason we got into this one was the competition of a bigger tournament.

We are 11uAAA and like seeing something different a couple times a year.

We are in Beaumont for the April tournament. 4/13
Ford is ok.. nothing...and i mean nothing around there though.....
Couple seafood taco places..but other than that....notta.
If you own a camper, there is a campground literally right next door.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #216
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Kid had a rough day today. Went against Keller and fell victim to throwing to radar guns. Lost his form and pressed and had a disaster of an outing. Good learning experience
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #217
Sparkles
Pope & Young
 
Sparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Young County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Kid had a rough day today. Went against Keller and fell victim to throwing to radar guns. Lost his form and pressed and had a disaster of an outing. Good learning experience


Dang it man!
Whereís he playing this weekend?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #218
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

He is done for the weekend. They played at Rockwall today Southlake tomorrow
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 08:15 PM   #219
Huntindad
Pope & Young
 
Huntindad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander / Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Kid had a rough day today. Went against Keller and fell victim to throwing to radar guns. Lost his form and pressed and had a disaster of an outing. Good learning experience
I can see him doing that.
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #220
cwill
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bellville Tx
Hunt In: Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Kid had a rough day today. Went against Keller and fell victim to throwing to radar guns. Lost his form and pressed and had a disaster of an outing. Good learning experience
Bummer, but it happens to the very best from time to time! Hopefully he comes out smoking on the next outing!
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 PM   #221
Grant2
Ten Point
 
Grant2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort
Default

Played in Beaumont last weekend and won the championship. This weekend we are playing in a showcase tournament at Preimer in Tomball. The boys are on a roll so I hope they keep it going this weekend!
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #222
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
He is done for the weekend. They played at Rockwall today Southlake tomorrow
I saw that on gamechanger, some high scoring games this weekend
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #223
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant2 View Post
Played in Beaumont last weekend and won the championship. This weekend we are playing in a showcase tournament at Preimer in Tomball. The boys are on a roll so I hope they keep it going this weekend!
Good luck
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #224
Grant2
Ten Point
 
Grant2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post
X1000! Just a word of advice for all of you out of town guys.... don't mess with BBUSA tournaments unless you have to! No telling where you will end up playing and it can be as far as an hour away which is a nightmare when booking rooms. For a better experience book a nation's tournament at Premier baseball or something at the Scrapyard. Premier has been hosting some 5tool events and they have been drawing some good attention. Also the perfect game events at Premier are legit. Good luck to all this weekend!
We are playing the showcase there this weekend. I will stay as far away from USSSA as possible It's become a joke with the overflow and schedules these days. When you play at 8:00am and your next game 4:00pm thats a joke.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #225
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Comanche, Tx
Hunt In: Huntless
Default

Well apparently DFW got some rain overnight and today. Delayed my son’s team two hours. Now it looks like they canceled today all together and are going to play a one day tournament tomorrow
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #226
Grant2
Ten Point
 
Grant2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well apparently DFW got some rain overnight and today. Delayed my sonís team two hours. Now it looks like they canceled today all together and are going to play a one day tournament tomorrow
Still want that $$$$$ hope they give a discount?
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #227
Jon B
Ten Point
 
Jon B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Central Tx.
Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States
Default

Hey if any of you guys have Tournaments at "the Ranch" in Franklin hit me up!
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 01:09 PM   #228
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Comanche, Tx
Hunt In: Huntless
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant2 View Post
Still want that $$$$$ hope they give a discount?
I doubt there will be a discount. Shocked if there was
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #229
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Well boys are finished up and headed home. Finished the weekend 4-2. Lost to Keller and Southlake Carrol. Wins against Rockwall, Jesuit, Sasche, and Flower Mound. Boys start a no so competitive district soon
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #230
Grant2
Ten Point
 
Grant2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort
Default

Went 1-1 yesterday not happy with the bats at all and the umpires are not real great. I'm not impressed at all with the so called "ShowCase" tournament at Premier. The umpires have no clue on how many innings we are playing we went back in forth on 2 games if we where playing 6 or 7 innings complete joke. After the game we went in did the metric testing on the boys they did very well and a few of my boys tested at the HS level as 7th graders which i was proud of and shocked to see. After the test a coach comes over and tells me he will send out a email to those kids and will give them a free week of training to see where they are after that, come to find out he is a coach at Premier which really ****** me off. They are using these showcase tournaments as requiting your kids which i think is shady as hell period!!!!!
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #231
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Not a whole lot of positive comments about either big tourneys around here this weekend...
The utrip nit has Larson flavor all over it...
And premiers umpiring getting torched at all levels...
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #232
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

I would not reccomend anyone push the showcase tourneys until about 15-16u.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #233
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Comanche, Tx
Hunt In: Huntless
Default

Well my son’s team went 1-1 this morning in pool play. Bracket starts at 3:00 pm. Going to be a long day for my wife. Game Changer is a great thing. I can follow the game while I am down in Livingston with our daughter
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #234
cwill
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bellville Tx
Hunt In: Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant2 View Post
Went 1-1 yesterday not happy with the bats at all and the umpires are not real great. I'm not impressed at all with the so called "ShowCase" tournament at Premier. The umpires have no clue on how many innings we are playing we went back in forth on 2 games if we where playing 6 or 7 innings complete joke. After the game we went in did the metric testing on the boys they did very well and a few of my boys tested at the HS level as 7th graders which i was proud of and shocked to see. After the test a coach comes over and tells me he will send out a email to those kids and will give them a free week of training to see where they are after that, come to find out he is a coach at Premier which really ****** me off. They are using these showcase tournaments as requiting your kids which i think is shady as hell period!!!!!
Wow. We haven't played in the 5 tool stuff, but sure thought they were being run better than that. Total BS on the Premier coaches trying to recruit from "metrics" testing! Thanks for the heads up!
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #235
Grant2
Ten Point
 
Grant2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort
Default

Lost in the simi finals on a couple mental mistakes and blew a 3 run lead on one error which total blew my mind. We turned the bats on, But did not finish the way we should have. Move on to the next one and get better every week!!!!
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #236
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Comanche, Tx
Hunt In: Huntless
Default

My son’s team just won their semifinal game in the pouring rain. Onto the championship. They have been at the field since 7:15 this morning
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #237
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Comanche, Tx
Hunt In: Huntless
Default

Well the boys lost in the championship game. Left the field at 11:30pm. The boys were tired
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #238
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

thhats a tough day man, conrgrats to the boys

we are scheduled off again this weekend, we would like to play though if anyone needs an 11u or 12u kid hit me up
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #239
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
thhats a tough day man, conrgrats to the boys

we are scheduled off again this weekend, we would like to play though if anyone needs an 11u or 12u kid hit me up
Funny you mention that. One of our kiddos got sick with the flu on Friday. We picked up a friend/kiddo to take down to Houston. We play at Mavs this weekend.

We had a tough pool play draw, and lost both games Saturday. Ended up showing pretty well actually with two wins on Sunday. Not a bad trip baseball wise. That's a big tourney and to get a couple wins on Sunday made the kiddos proud.

Jax has started making contact as normal, but just not generating power at all. His defense was greatness. Had an over the shoulder catch, and 2 double plays at second. One was a turn, and the other was a leaping catch and throw over to third. Had an assist during Sat play as well. We have got to find a way to generate some power with the contact.

Great job on the run on Sunday AGGIE! That's a long as heck day for sure.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #240
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Funny you mention that. One of our kiddos got sick with the flu on Friday. We picked up a friend/kiddo to take down to Houston. We play at Mavs this weekend.

We had a tough pool play draw, and lost both games Saturday. Ended up showing pretty well actually with two wins on Sunday. Not a bad trip baseball wise. That's a big tourney and to get a couple wins on Sunday made the kiddos proud.

Jax has started making contact as normal, but just not generating power at all. His defense was greatness. Had an over the shoulder catch, and 2 double plays at second. One was a turn, and the other was a leaping catch and throw over to third. Had an assist during Sat play as well. We have got to find a way to generate some power with the contact.

Great job on the run on Sunday AGGIE! That's a long as heck day for sure.
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #241
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Good the hear of successes for the kids this past weekend..
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #242
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Hey J, that NYBC qualifier looks stacked this weekend!
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #243
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Just paid for gws passes and package again for this year... guess its official..i committed..
. ..pretty much official when wife booked the condo..but now its official we are goin for baseball
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #244
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Hey J, that NYBC qualifier looks stacked this weekend!
no doubt, I wish we were playing
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #245
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Just paid for gws passes and package again for this year... guess its official..i committed..
. ..pretty much official when wife booked the condo..but now its official we are goin for baseball
What dates are yall going? I think you posted earlier? We will be vacationing outside of baseball over Father's Day.

Just remembered yall mentioned it earlier and looked it up, lol.

Last edited by jer_james; 03-11-2019 at 01:37 PM.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-11-2019, 01:45 PM   #246
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

we are going june 16-21, I think system was the same week...
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #247
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
we are going june 16-21, I think system was the same week...
Yup.. 16-21.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #248
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Fun weekend - weather was pretty close to perfect after about 10 am. Dressed in layers for the morning, in short sleeves by afternoon!

Team played well overall going 4-1. Came up short against a really good team from Waxahachie. I dont think they will be AAA much longer. We were down 3-1 going into the 4th, started a crazy comeback and go up 6-4. Only to be bested on a walk off grand slam as time expired just after it was hit.

Jax still cant find solid contact/holes, but got hit twice in the Final game, lol. He straight took a curve ball that was coming at him. Saw him turn his front leg and just prepare for impact, lol. He actually loves that, hahaha. Second one, a hard throwing big kid plunked him with a fast ball right to the back. He tossed the bat and clapped 3x on the way to first. Parent after the game told him she loved it, and it looked like he almost enjoyed it. He told her, I have to psych myself out or I have to answer to (pointed at me and his Mom and Step Dad) them with a grin on his face

He has been amazing on defense in the field rotating between primarily second and some short. He accounted for 6 outs in the final game either off grounders or fly ball outs.

Fun stuff heading into this weekend.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #249
HogHunter34
Ten Point
 
HogHunter34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Whitehouse, Tx
Hunt In: Anderson County
Default

My poor son had a bad experience. Hard hit ball right at him in LF and he made a last step adjustment and ball hit glove & fell out. Cost them two runs on that play as there were 2 outs. Poor guy was hanging his head & it crushed him. I feel bad for him because his heart & work ethic is very solid it’s tough when you get very limited opportunities to prove yourself and have a mishap. He learned a hard lesson if you play long enough you’ll make some errors and just got to keep your head up and working hard to improve. That was a long quiet drive back home. As a parent it’s tough to watch these under pressure to perform moments. I just hope he can rebound & get back out there and work hard at it
HogHunter34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #250
jer_james
Pope & Young
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogHunter34 View Post
My poor son had a bad experience. Hard hit ball right at him in LF and he made a last step adjustment and ball hit glove & fell out. Cost them two runs on that play as there were 2 outs. Poor guy was hanging his head & it crushed him. I feel bad for him because his heart & work ethic is very solid itís tough when you get very limited opportunities to prove yourself and have a mishap. He learned a hard lesson if you play long enough youíll make some errors and just got to keep your head up and working hard to improve. That was a long quiet drive back home. As a parent itís tough to watch these under pressure to perform moments. I just hope he can rebound & get back out there and work hard at it
This is honestly one of the most important parts / if not the most important part of baseball at a young age as they are growing.

Mental game, and focus are absolutely at the top of the list. How you react to different situations is HUGE in development, and just an overall enjoyment.

Good Luck to yall going forward! Lots more games to play!
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com