No announcement yet.

2011 lake Grapevine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a spot for ground blind for my 12 yo and a couple trees for me to hunt in.

Comment

Was in the creek Sunday waters is low watch out for stums and brushs under water .

Comment

Attended a golf tournament at Trophy Club this morning, so before golf I drove around and saw a few deer. Here is a group of three healthy does and a couple of fawns. Sorry took these with my cell phone, you will have to zoom in. Deer look good for a drought.

FYI - This is the no shot zone. Sorry.
        Last edited by Budman68; 09-12-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Was out there again this past weekend. Jumped a couple of doe. Man, things sure are brown out there. Need some rain. Was just thinking though, some of the places I have been looking at will be hard to get to if we get rain. Creeks are easy to cross right now, they are all dry.

Comment

Pull my card today. Lot's of doe, some skinny and some normal size. One yearling buck 6pt. No pigs. No patterns right now; Night, day, noon, afternoon. I guess the cool weather got them moving. Joey should have a good chance for his first bow kill, he has been practicing and getting ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Pull my card today. Lot's of doe, some skinny and some normal size. One yearling buck 6pt. No pigs. No patterns right now; Night, day, noon, afternoon. I guess the cool weather got them moving. Joey should have a good chance for his first bow kill, he has been practicing and getting ready.
              Good luck to your boy!

J

Comment

I've been lurking for a while on this site. Figured the other day that i should post on here finally when i saw a blue dodge truck driving down near my work in Grapevine with a Texas Bowhunter.com sticker.

I'm a newbie to bow hunting on Lake Grapevine. I became interested in it when i stumbled across the lake's website this summer. I work in grapevine, and live north of Mckinney. We normally hunt on our 1800 acres in SE oklahoma.

I'm excited to see that there are decent people alive and chatting who will be hunting grapevine. More than likely i'll be hunting with a buddy during the week rather than the weekends.

Over the past few weeks we've scouted and seen quite a few deer. The frustrating part that we've come across is how cruddy the parking spots are. They are miles away from anywhere you can really hunt. It's an hurdle we are looking forward to overcoming this year.

I hope to see you guys out there, and best wishes to all. Maybe we should post pictures of who we are so if you're out and you bump into one another we can lend a hand. I'll always be glad to help a fellow bow hunter. Or I guess i can buy a sticker and slap it on my pack.

Best of luck to you guys. I hope someone kills another big boy.

Comment

Become a member, get the sticker, put it on your truck or car. It's easy then we know who you are when we see your vehicle parked there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyd View Post
                    I've been lurking for a while on this site. Figured the other day that i should post on here finally when i saw a blue dodge truck driving down near my work in Grapevine with a Texas Bowhunter.com sticker.

I'm a newbie to bow hunting on Lake Grapevine. I became interested in it when i stumbled across the lake's website this summer. I work in grapevine, and live north of Mckinney. We normally hunt on our 1800 acres in SE oklahoma.

I'm excited to see that there are decent people alive and chatting who will be hunting grapevine. More than likely i'll be hunting with a buddy during the week rather than the weekends.

Over the past few weeks we've scouted and seen quite a few deer. The frustrating part that we've come across is how cruddy the parking spots are. They are miles away from anywhere you can really hunt. It's an hurdle we are looking forward to overcoming this year.

I hope to see you guys out there, and best wishes to all. Maybe we should post pictures of who we are so if you're out and you bump into one another we can lend a hand. I'll always be glad to help a fellow bow hunter. Or I guess i can buy a sticker and slap it on my pack.

Best of luck to you guys. I hope someone kills another big boy.
                    Where do you work. I scouted last weekend and was driving a blue dodge

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous dan View Post
                      Where do you work. I scouted last weekend and was driving a blue dodge
                      I work off of Main Street but i was driving on 26 at great wolf lodge. Prob was you. i'll get a sticker and support this site. I drive a 95 green chevy with a bone collector sticker on it. Sadly i bought the sticker before it became this big huge hype.

Comment

Lake Grapevine

I huntingp lake grapevine lake pretty hard a few years back off 377. I guess the "there are no deer" is some sort of running joke. I have gotten within about 40 yards of 5 - 3 year old doe. Shooter bucks are probabley few and far between but they are out there. I got on a small lease in Wise county and have been shooting 3 deer up there every year. For me it is more fun to see deer often than to walking around the woods running into hunters all day. If your a bowhunter you dont need a 4000 acre lease to hunt, get a small lease bowhunt only and let them arrows fly

Comment

Yes, please do get a lease.

Comment

Lmfao!!!

Comment

Where in wise? I work in decatur?

Comment

Yes , a lease is a better deal . No deer on Grapevine

Comment

Working...
                                X