LBJ Grasslands 2011 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEERTRACKER View Post
    I could have sworn that when I go to get my hunting license that they ask to see your hunters safety card when you buy it. I believe that on some public places like certain CORPS lands that they make you show it there again because it is their requirement that you have taken the course also, and possibly a bow hunters education course too. Its scarey to think people can just get a weapon and tromp around shooting things while your sitting out there.
    Here the past few years, I haven't been asked if I had one when buying my license. They only ask to see my ID and my credit card (that's at cabelas and Walmart). But yes it is scary to think people are out there with them. Even more scary when hunting on private land.

Comment

What is so scary about it? Lotsa people who have the hunter safety class do dumb things, and lots of people without them don't do dumb things. Everyone was just fine years ago before they were a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        What is so scary about it? Lotsa people who have the hunter safety class do dumb things, and lots of people without them don't do dumb things. Everyone was just fine years ago before they were a requirement.
        True...

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          I completely agree. It's more of a way to help fund npwf. You can differ for a year to hunt without it, but you have to pay an extra 10$ for your license and you have to hunt with a licensed hunter. As for them not asking to see it, the computer tells them from years past if you've presented a hunters safety card or not.

Comment

So does it only apply to those born after September 1971 like it used to? Or does everyone have to have a hunter's ed course to hunt public land now reguardless of age? I can't find any evidence of it on their website.

Comment

Yeah. It's everyone born after 1970 or something like that. Didn't really check it out since I was born in 82. might wanna check into that but if u were born mid 70's or later you'll wanna have it

Comment

Working...
              X