Lever Gun Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
    These two had hurt feelings, they didn't make the first pic. I know what the one on the right is, but do you know ?
    I had an Ithaca Single shot like the one on the right when I was 11-12. It was a 12 ga and kicked like a mule.

Comment

Here’s some not so great pics of my Marlin 30AW 30-30. Picked it up at an estate sale, JM stamped made in 90’. I pulled the scope off so I need a rear sight put on it. I cannot find a butt plate that will fit it. Have ordered 3 online only to find they are too big. Guess it’s off to a gun smith to see if they can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
        Here’s some not so great pics of my Marlin 30AW 30-30. Picked it up at an estate sale, JM stamped made in 90’. I pulled the scope off so I need a rear sight put on it. I cannot find a butt plate that will fit it. Have ordered 3 online only to find they are too big. Guess it’s off to a gun smith to see if they can help.

The butplates are supposed to be too big that way you can fit them to your rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          The butplates are supposed to be too big that way you can fit them to your rifle.

All of them? Do they just grind down? The last one I got didn’t say it was grindable, but I haven’t tried.

Comment

44 mag Marlin

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
              Where's the best place to buy a big loop lever for my marlin 3030?

Wild West Guns on web, stores in Anchorage or Las Vegas. I got one for my 450 Marlin guide gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                All of them? Do they just grind down? The last one I got didn’t say it was grindable, but I haven’t tried.

Buttplate or recoil pad? Buttplates are made big to grind down most recoil pads are made to be ground down. There are some prefit and slip over pads but they are gonna be just a rough fit.

Comment

Buttplate or recoil pad? Buttplates are made big to grind down most recoil pads are made to be ground down. There are some prefit and slip over pads but they are gonna be just a rough fit.

Butt plate. So it appears at some point in my rifles life its owner cut down the stock, assuming they wanted to shorten the LOP. The butt pad I still have doesn’t really fit the contour of the butt so I don’t think grinding it down will help.

Comment

Looking at your picture it appears to have been cut down. If you need the extra length you could add a recoil pad a cheaper route may be to check Marlin Owners forum or Gunbroker looking for a used stock the Glenfield rifles and the Marlins are the same except for the type of wood used Glenfields usually have Birch and the Marlins have Black Walnut just make sure to look for a pistol grip stock

Comment

Looking at your picture it appears to have been cut down. If you need the extra length you could add a recoil pad a cheaper route may be to check Marlin Owners forum or Gunbroker looking for a used stock the Glenfield rifles and the Marlins are the same except for the type of wood used Glenfields usually have Birch and the Marlins have Black Walnut just make sure to look for a pistol grip stock

Yeah I’ve considered getting a new stock, but I might just keep it short so my son can shoot easier, only if I can put a plate or pad on it though. I shot it for the first time today, shoots good. Got it sighted in and hoping to drop the hammer on a doe this weekend.

Comment

I have a factory rubber buttplate from a 1990’s model rifle that I will send you or maybe meet up with you I am in the Waxahachie area if you want to try it.

Comment

Great. Now I gotta buy a lever gun...

Comment

I have a factory rubber buttplate from a 1990’s model rifle that I will send you or maybe meet up with you I am in the Waxahachie area if you want to try it.

Do ya think it would fit? Or be ground down?

Comment

Pretty sure it will need to be ground down

Comment

Lever Gun Picture Thread

Here’s my Winchester 94AE 30-30.

My deer lease is MLD 3 so we have to shoot a lot of doe each year. I’m a Bowhunter at heart but the doe weren’t cooperating this year like years past so, I thought it would be cool to bring out the ole open sight 30-30.
                                I’ve killed deer with it when I had the scope on it but I took off the scope this summer.

This is my first deer with it being open sights. It was a super cool hunt and I was all kinds of excited. [emoji4]

Shot her yesterday at 37 yards. No feeder just ran my tailgate feeder in a big opening beside a draw in my area.

Comment

Working...
                                X