New glass on the way!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New glass on the way!!!

Pulled the trigger finally on a new Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS USM!! Can't wait to get it in and wear it out next week!!!! Anyone else have this lens? Most reviews were great and I know one person who has it and seems to really like it.

Dave

I have it and love it. The zoom is great for wildlife. You can find your critter at 100mm and then zoom out to 400. The pics are clear and sharp. You have chosen wisely.

Comment

Is it the new 100-400 with the built in extender/converter?

Comment

Exciting

Comment

Don't believe it has the built in extender. Thought about getting one for my 70-200mm 2.8 though...

Dave

Comment

I took this with mine yesterday.

Jim Hunt
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
              Don't believe it has the built in extender. Thought about getting one for my 70-200mm 2.8 though...

Dave
              The one I was thinking about is a straight f/4 200-400 and you would have definantly known it if you bought it. MSRP is ~$12k

I rented the same one you bought for an upcoming trip to the mountains

Comment

Yeah.....this one was like $1499.00, not $12k.....

Dave

Comment

I have had that lens now for about 9 yrs. You will enjoy it a bunch. Just get you a good tripod to use and it will greatly improve you pics.

Comment

Working...
                  X