Game on!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
      Game on!

Comment

Sounds AMAZING.

Comment

delicious! we make our own batches for our mud rides! theres just something about that apple pie and muddy atvs!

Comment

made a batch of lemon drop, at the end of April before coming to work. it's been aging for the past 5 weeks while i've been gone. Should be ready for sipping' over ice on tuesday when i get home.

Comment

got my stuff bottled and in the fridge last night.

Shrimp boil tomorrow night

I just put most of it back in the 1/2 gal juice bottles, and then had a mason jar and 1/2 left over

Comment

Had to give it a shot...not bad but was pretty dang sweet and didnt have as much cinnamon as id like...imma leave the sticks in for a few days and try it again. Was good mixed but too sweet for me straight. I do like the apple pie shine they market in stores and figure with a little tweaking it coukd be there in no time...anyone try ground cinnamon when putting in the sugar and brown sugar?

Comment

Made a batch but used 1 gallon apple juice and cider and mixed with two gallons moonshine and it was not to sweet and had some kick!!!!!! smooth going down and should mellow a little more after a few days.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                    Made a batch but used 1 gallon apple juice and cider and mixed with two gallons moonshine and it was not to sweet and had some kick!!!!!! smooth going down and should mellow a little more after a few days.
                    That was a waste of good shine. The recipe, broken down comes to, equal parts apple juice and cider and about 1/3 that in shine. Sounds to me you got it way too strong.

Comment

I dont like things real sweet but do enjoy a little different flavor every once in awhile. Shared with coworkers that have had the standard recipe and they preferred the stronger batch in a side by side taste test. I think women like the sweeter version though! mine was 50/50 shine to apple juice and cider.
                      Last edited by Hardware; 06-06-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Also I used fresh squeezed apple juice and homemade cider when making this so the flavor is a little different than using store bought juice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                          I dont like things real sweet but do enjoy a little different flavor every once in awhile. Shared with coworkers that have had the standard recipe and they preferred the stronger batch in a side by side taste test. I think women like the sweeter version though! mine was 50/50 shine to apple juice and cider.
                          Oh ok, I thought you'd gotten confused and made it like that by mistake. I bet it does have a nice kick to it too.

Comment

Can you still get apple cider this time of year?

Comment

Has anyone put a hydrometer to this batch? Curious as to what proof it ends up being.

Comment

i make this all the time. last batch i made i added four small boxes of red hot candy when cooking it. turned out pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X