Springbucks in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springbucks in Texas

Sitting at home on Paternity leave and got to thinking that I never got around to hunting a Sprinbok when living in South Africa. So got to looking around to see if I could get that done reasonably in Texas since I want one.

Yes it can be done, but not reasonably.
    I do not know this lease, I'm sure they are great guys, and offer a great service, but for example here is a price I found.

A Cheaper option is literally:

Fly to South Africa for a weekend; checked this morning for $1700 before tax, lets call it $2K.

Hunt Here.... $350 for the Sprinbok

Stay here. call it $500 per night... Its worth it.
    On a private quay in the heart of the V&A Waterfront, the Cape Grace hotel offers an unparalleled experience of Cape Town.

Eat Here: $200 bucks.

and still save $1,000 USD.

Has anyone actually hunted a springbok in Texas? How?!!!!!

Without a better option I am going back to the mother city.

I'm afraid just about any African species is going to yield the same results.
    They're just not affordable here ... yet.

Comment

Well... What better excuse than to put another stamp in the passport.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasandKansas View Post
        Well... What better excuse than to put another stamp in the passport.
        ^^^^^^ I like the way you think!

Comment

I agree, plus, most of the time, the african game here is not as big as what you get there. Plus you may have the option of other game as well.

Comment

In a short reason for the high prices...corporate hunts and LOTS of them. And you won't find the hunters that are doing these hunts talking about it on a hunting forum much less worried about that its $3000 cheaper to do it in a country half way around the world. They just don't have that kind of time with their business to get away for a corporate entertainment. It's an entertainment business that is driving that price and until that goes away it will be pretty hard to find cheaper prices for the average hunter that wants a real trophy.

There are a lot that just have a ranch to have it as a get-away and will pay very good money to have them on the place, maybe conduct 1-3 hunts for the species now and then and that's it. At least here you can get to keep the meat and go home with it. That's about the only plus that I see to it but the cost doesn't balance with that for most.

Texas Hunt Lodge is a pretty good place. I have been there once and they conduct a lot of hunts. They have a great reputation.

Comment

deleted duplicate post...

Comment

I wanted some for my place when I got home from Namibia. We were paying $250 trophy fee. The females and culls were $40. THey shoot 2500 per year on the concession we hunted. Must be prolific breeders. Lot's of good arrow practice and great eating in the evening. When I got home and asked about buying 2-3 ewe and a ram, I almost had a heart attack. Blackbuck will have to do!

Comment

Working...
                X