No announcement yet.

sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a few more slot limit bucks and does. After the hunt this morning I walked around the lease and probably 3/4 of the scrapes have been messed with.

Comment

Great that you're seeing some movement . I'm hoping to make it out for ML season soon.

Comment

I'm heading back Thursday evening through Sunday. After that it's time to go after the black bass on the lake.

Comment

That is 6 mile hunting club on 201 and 2343 my dad is on it he has a house by 6 mile marina.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
            Why doesn't the USFS issue permits for the entire forest? I wonder if it's a Fed/State complication with monitoring so much acreage?
            If the Sabine NF was a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) like the Sam Houston, then then it could be done, but since it's not, no antlerless permits are issued for the open National Forests during the General Season unless it has or is a WMA. Reason why the Sam Houston NF WMA issues them, Moore Plantation, Bannister and Alabama Creek WMAs all have antlerless permit drawings for their General Season but only for the WMA.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
              I see a Sam Houston NF thread. We need to have one for Sabine. Wait....maybe we ought to keep it to ourselves!
              This^^^^^!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                Might as well keep quite,cause their are no deer in east TX.
                And This^^^^^!!!!!!

Comment

Well any good news coming out of Sabine national forest?

Comment

Any good reports so far this year?

Comment

Nothing last weekend, I might be able to get out tomorrow evening and Sunday.

Comment

I'm up here now till Tuesday. The morning was hot and lots of skeeters and spiders

Front coming though now so it should get better. No good bucks on trail cams and no scrapes i could find.

My lease borders the NF on 3 sides off the lake and Teneha creek off of 139

Comment

I'll be there opening weekend of gun season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been slow on my place. Seen one spike. No scrapes. Lots of acorns.

Comment

Hunted pretty hard on the Moore this weekend, didn't see anything but skeeters and squirrels. Sunday morning was nice with the front. Still can't find any scrapes either...not sure what's going on

Comment

There are some monsters out there!

I hunted the Moore opening weekend and saw a MONSTER buck right off of 114 but it was in the walker branch hunt club... I also saw 2 nice sized does when I was headed out.

Comment

Working...
                                X