electric gate opener recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electric gate opener recomendations

I need a solar powered gate opener to work a 16' heavy (300#) pipe gate. Who has experience here?

Apollo or now called "Nice" openers are top notch. Swing or slide. Mine has a 12 volt marine battery with a solar panel and it is great.

Comment

Thanks, 10-96

Any others?

Comment

Apollox2

Comment

Apollo is what we have and it works well.

Comment

Seems pretty unanimous!

Thanks guys

Comment

Apollo

Comment

I had an Apollo 1550 for about 4 years before it took a swim during Harvey.
                I installed it myself, and thought the instructions were not very DIY friendly. It took me awhile to troubleshoot it, and get it operating just right. Every now and then it would act up, and give me trouble.

I want to replace it, and I'm considering a Patriot by US Automatic.

Comment

Apollo

Put mine in myself, would not open/shut right. Called CS and the guy walked me through it over the phone.

Other than replacing batteries no issues

Comment

sub'd to this thread

Comment

I run a liftmaster on my place. Other than being submerged during Harvey for a few days then quitting, it was a good one. I replaced in kind. My Dad has Apollo at his house, it's been good also.

Comment

Apollo

Comment

Another vote for Appolo which is now called Nice. Just installed it a couple weeks ago but so far so good. It’s the one with the new control board.

Comment

Patriot is what we install made in Texas and fail proof
                            Apollo aka nice has quite a few problems with their circuit boards lately

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                              Patriot is what we install made in Texas and fail proof
                              Apollo aka nice has quite a few problems with their circuit boards lately
                              I know a man that was a tech for Apollo for many years. He has said the same thing, and is now a US Automatic dealer. I have the dual gate Patriot set up on solar now, and each of my gates are very heavy.

Comment

Working...
                              X