Can't believe it's been a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe it's been a year

I'm still fairly new around here and have never really talked about this before. I joined the site in July of last year as a brand new bow hunter. I was looking for my first bow and asked a bunch of questions, many dumb I'm sure, and I gained a lot of knowledge.

On to the part that I've never shared before. A year ago today I lost my mom to cancer (CLL/lymphoma/leukemia). I can't believe it has already been a year. It seems like yesterday. I still have the urge to pick up the phone and call her to talk every day like we used to. This last year was tough on everyone in the family with all the firsts (first Mother's Day without her, birthdays without her, Thanksgiving without her, Christmas without her....you get the point).

Without getting into any more details or getting all emotional here, I just wanted to say life is too short, enjoy it while you can and love the people in your life as much as you can because they might be gone tomorrow. With Mother's day coming up this weekend please visit/hug/kiss/call your mom/wife and tell her how important she is and how much you love her.

Very good message here. Sorry for your loss

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Some solid advice here. Sorry for your loss!

Comment

Very good reminder, I too lost my mother and each Mother's day that goes by is just as tough as the first. Wish I had one more chance to tell her how much I love her.

One day you are going on about your life and a phone call changes your world.

Don't forget to spoil your mother on Sunday and everyday because some of us don't get that chance anymore.

Comment

great message hoss. i to lost my mom a little over a year ago to cancer as well. pancreatic. i was just thinking today that it was another mothers day without her and how hard it was gonna be on my dad when sunday rolls around. i feel your pain.
            if yall still have her, i agree with the above, cherish the time you have with your mom and shower her with hugs and kisses this mothers day. happy mothers day to all the moms out there. you are truly special people.

Comment

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Great post and reminder......sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
                  Great post and reminder......sorry for your loss.
                  X2. Very sorry.

Comment

Great post, lost my mom in 2011 and like you i still feel the urge to pick up the phone to call.

I am now and have always been a Mommas boy.

Comment

It has been 12 years for me and I miss her more than words can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                        I am now and have always been a Mommas boy.
                        Me too!!

Comment

Up for the afternoon crowd.

Comment

Thank you for the post. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                              Thank you for the post. Sorry for your loss.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X