No announcement yet.

Things to do in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to the National Archives as well - see the Declaration of Ind, Bill of Rights and the Constitution. worth it to see those, as well as the Archives collection of Americans in War.

As far as eats... go to Joe's Stone Crab (http://joes.net/). It is a block up and over from the North Lawn.

Also, its a bit of hike and outta the way, but go to Succotash in the National Harbour. Get the burger. Then thank me later.

Comment

Plus if you are on the Mall, go see all of the War Memorials as well as the Lincoln and the Jefferson. Good walks, but amazing to see.

Comment

Air and Space Museum blew me away.

Go out to Maryland, Chesapeake Bay and eat local steamed crabs if you can. Great culture and experience.

Comment

You'll probably laugh at me, but you need to carry a whistle (like a referee or coach would carry) and a small but strong flashlight (I like the Streamlight Stylus Pro). These will be invaluable in getting a cab. My wife laughed at my insistence on carrying the whistle and flashlight - until she noticed I was able to get a cab pretty quickly.

As far as museums and the sights - the zoo and the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum and the Natural History museums are great, and probably enough walking for your kids.

Good luck and have fun.

Dave

Comment

We just got back. The air and space was the best of the. The natural history was big but that's the nicest thing I'll say for it. Nicer museums here at home. Also I spent $16 to park for the say and even with the valid parking stamp on the sash got a parking ticket. Glad I went if for no other reason than to say I did. Glad I didn't make a special trip to just see the capital though. Dirty, smelly, and trashy. Not to mention how rude the people and drivers are.
            Never again.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

count Trump supporters and homeless democrats and compare results is always a fun game while there

Comment

Stay out of S.E. at night D.C.

Comment

I liked China town, hockey, smithsonian, ben's chili bowl

Comment

DC Chop House is great......Carmine's Italian Restaurant is a must too.

Comment

Air & Space and Natural History my favorites. If you can work it in, the Antietam battlefield isn't too far away and same for Gettysburg. Ft McHenry in Baltimore is a great visit too.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
                        Heading up there Thursday with a few free days.

We plan on doing the tomb, and a bunch of museums. Any museums that are musts?

Any restaurants?

Other attractions?

Will have a 4 yr old and an 8 yr old w us

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        We’re headed up there Wednesday!

Comment

The “Whisper Gallery” in Statuary Hall (Capitol Building)... kids will love it!

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

National Zoo

Comment

Headed there in July for the first time. Keep the suggestions coming!

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                              Eat at Old Ebbit Grill - sit at the bar and order some crab claws, oysters, etc.

Have a drink after dark at the Westin Roof top bar - really cool view makes it worth the over priced drinks.

I'd plan a whole day at the National Cemetery. Without a doubt, the most humbling place I've ever visited.

Take your walking shoes - it's easy to walk 10+ miles a day in DC.

All of this is good advice. If I were to add anything I’d say eat breakfast at the Old Ebbit Grill too and if you like bloody Mary’s try theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I live here, Jaded...........but, I really enjoy being outdoors on the Mall and the monuments (Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, Reflecting Pool, Vietnam Memorial are my go to places. (Also, DC and the surrounding cities are Liberal Nut Houses, so be aware that "our kind" is not appreciated. By that, I mean People that like hunting, fishing and firearms.

Comment

Working...
                                X