Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football Championship Week (Week 14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Precisely.. 'better' is defined by the fact he wins.
    By hiring him, you buy wins, which gets you championships.

Texas has the same history post Mack as A&M.. in paying for championships but getting mediocrity..
    This is true. Both programs have under performed.

Is it really just the coach? Charlie Strong goes to another school and goes 9-2 his first year. A&M fires a 7-5 coach and wants to hire a 6-6 coach. Some things just don't make sense.

Comment

Yeh now you get into the math of where they win, sos, etc

Comment

College Football Championship Week (Week 14)

I heard Mullen might get a few FSU coaches.

Comment

interesting chart. High school kids that want to make it to the pro's pay attention to this stuff.

deleted because it blew the margins.

Neither Texas or A&M are in the top ten colleges sending players to the pro's.

Comment

What I'm saying is that their salary is irrelevant when it comes to wins, paying them more won't make them any better a coach, i.e. "You can't buy titles".

I think the biggest skill gap between great coaches and good coaches isn't scheme, or recruiting, but talent evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              What I'm saying is that their salary is irrelevant when it comes to wins, paying them more won't make them any better a coach, i.e. "You can't buy titles".

I think the biggest skill gap between great coaches and good coaches isn't scheme, or recruiting, but talent evaluation.

Completely agree. Bill Snyder is one of the best at it imo.

Comment

Agreed, and there are a ton of people that get paid to do just that in regards to recruiting and still get it wrong all the time. That's why recruiting might be fun to follow, the rankings don't mean a thing. It's how the coaches are able to evaluate the talent and how they mature and fit in the systems. Those spring trophies are worthless.

Comment

I think the biggest reason Sumlin is gone is the mishandling and failures of the '13 and '14 classes. That being said, good coaches draw big salaries and so does their staff. I'm not sure you can separate the two. Chicken and egg argument.

Comment

Sources saying Jefferson and Elliott will go to the draft and skip the bowl game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just heard on the radio. They are gone.

Comment

Understand the injury risk but it's kind of crappy to skip out on their teammates for the bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          I heard Mullen might get a few FSU coaches.
                          I read where Brewster is in the fray. Kinda stinks for the Ags

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                            Understand the injury risk but it's kind of crappy to skip out on their teammates for the bowl game.

Oh c'mon, Jack! Don't you know the college kids play "for the love of the game"!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                              interesting chart. High school kids that want to make it to the pro's pay attention to this stuff.

deleted because it blew the margins.

Neither Texas or A&M are in the top ten colleges sending players to the pro's.
                              That would be LSU

Comment

https://www.hookem.com/football-news...refutes-report
                                Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Sources saying Jefferson and Elliott will go to the draft and skip the bowl game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X