No announcement yet.

What reel for wade fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abu Garcia Revo!! They have some awesome deals on there website right now for their inshore reels.
    Last edited by Pope & Yum; 05-11-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

upgrade an older shimano greenie with boca bearings and you're set...

Comment

For example Shimano had the Bantam 250 reels that were awesome for several years, at least back then. Then one year in the 90's (forgot the year) they tried to make them better and screwed them up bad.
        They sure did and they did it again with the E7 series of reels that are just excellent reels. They changed the E7 to make it better, I think the designation was G and it just sucked horribly.

A good lesson for reel manufacturers is if something isn't broken don't fix it, just invent something else to go along with it. But every time they try to improve a proven product it all goes to ... well you know.

Comment

i have six of the new chronarchs and really have enjoyed them

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
            i have six of the new chronarchs and really have enjoyed them
            Are you talking about the Ci4+ reels?

Comment

revo premier on a $75 All star rod is my "always on the boat" set-up. My revo outlasted the curado I bought at about the same time.

Comment

I switched to Lews as my primary reels. Using the first generation Inshore Speed Spool BB1 and a Tournament MB Speed Spool. Both outcast my Curados, I own all of the 200 series sized Curados made - with Boca Ceramics and a few Citicas. The Lews reels in with stock bearings, with the highly tunable cast control (mags and spring loaded brake blocks), cast longer and feel smoother.

Comment

I don't get to wade fish any more but have a pair of Shimano Chronarch Super Free reels that were the cats meow when I bought them ($225 each 15-18 years ago??) Still love them.

if it is something you love to do, pay up a bit and it is worth it.

Comment

I've been running the Concept C and Tx this year... Just got back from a week of wade fishing on the Island, the Concepts seem to be legit, the TX is the farthest casting reel I own...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X