Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foam insulation/ spray in insulation

Hey yall,

I have been slowly building a hunting cabin over the last year and am now almost to where I need to do insulation. Just trying to get an idea if this will be worth it, if you all have any recs for good companies that do that and any other leads that would be helpful.

Any advice would be great. thanks in advance

Joseph

Originally posted by birddoggin View Post
    Hey yall,

I have been slowly building a hunting cabin over the last year and am now almost to where I need to do insulation. Just trying to get an idea if this will be worth it, if you all have any recs for good companies that do that and any other leads that would be helpful.

Any advice would be great. thanks in advance

Joseph
    You can rent the equipment yourself and it's fairly easy to operate.

Comment

I don't have anyone that I know in your area but as far as whether or not it's worth it, YES it's worth every extra penny.

Comment

Where do you rent equipment to do it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
          I don't have anyone that I know in your area but as far as whether or not it's worth it, YES it's worth every extra penny.
          X2

Comment

just too many other irons in the fire to do myself, but I guess it could be pretty straightforward, just figured there might be some guys who have had it done, and could make recommendations, or otherwise.....on who or who not to use

Comment

There is a guy here in Beeville that does the spray foam. He did my buddies house. Think its like $1 a sq ft, So a 10 x 10 wall would cost $100. Think he also has a $600 min...

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

thanks for the lead yanta!!

Comment

I agree.. Its worth it in my opinion. $80/mo all electric house.

Comment

We have been in our house for about 5 weeks and the foam is great IMO. I can't speak for the electric bill verification yet but will find out in a few months. Good luck

Comment

My friends just had it done in their new home. I'll email them to see who they used.
                      All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

South Texas Insulation is who my friends used. Their number is 210-599-8681.
                        All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

For the guys that have done it, has anyone ever just sprayed their roof and not the walls? My house is already built, but we struggle with heat during the summer. Would spraying the underside of the roof/rafters help at all? We have insulation in the attack covering the floor, but just curious if spraying the roof would help. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but thought that might be relevant to the discussion

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                            For the guys that have done it, has anyone ever just sprayed their roof and not the walls? My house is already built, but we struggle with heat during the summer. Would spraying the underside of the roof/rafters help at all? We have insulation in the attack covering the floor, but just curious if spraying the roof would help. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but thought that might be relevant to the discussion
                            problem i see is your attic is designed to breathe. ridge and soffit vents. if you spray the underside of the rafters you will seal all the moisture in.

it can be/has been done, just need to keep air flow in mind.

in my last house, it was designed as a sealed attic however it had only batt insulation. (before the spray foam rage) the insulation was stapled to the roof decking. the builder put a dehumidifier in the attic running 24/7.

current house is sprayed 100%

Comment

There is a partially built house on the land we bought. We're going to do that as well. Have a guy set up already. It's definitely more efficient.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X