OK Republicans, Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Republicans, Question...

I'm a conservative on the vast majority of issues and almost always agree with the Republicans. But occasionally they make me scratch my head. I heard on the news today that Obama (not a fan) introduced a bill that would tax foreign oil. Now I'm usually not a fan of more taxes but wouldn't this bill favor the use of domestic oil and wouldn't that be a good thing for us to encourage? What am I missing? The fact that it was Obama's idea makes me suspicious to begin with but I've heard that out of every million tries a Dem can get something right.

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    I'm a conservative on the vast majority of issues and almost always agree with the Republicans. But occasionally they make me scratch my head. I heard on the news today that Obama (not a fan) introduced a bill that would tax foreign oil. Now I'm usually not a fan of more taxes but wouldn't this bill favor the use of domestic oil and wouldn't that be a good thing for us to encourage? What am I missing? The fact that it was Obama's idea makes me suspicious to begin with but I've heard that out of every million tries a Dem can get something right.
    It will probably have 500 extra green taxes against us in it.

Comment

Doesn't this have to do with the $10 "surcharge" (i.e. tax...wink, wink, nudge, nudge) per barrel of oil. Either way it won't affect the oil companies. They'll just pass the cost down to the consumers. Thanks, Obama

Comment

You want to pay more for petroleum products?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
          You want to pay more for petroleum products?
          i.e. EVERYTHING

Comment

I thought it was $10 on every barrel of oil, not just foreign. Either way, not a fan!

Comment

That's $10 on every barrel, foreign or domestic. The funds intended to be used to fund green energy ( wind,solar,hydro )

Comment

What is the federal tax on a gallon of gas now? How many oil field guys are sitting home not making any money? What does the government actually do to produce oil? The federal government needs to stay out of the oil industry.

Comment

Fox Business reported the tax is on oil coming in and oil exported out of the USA. I have been expecting a new tax, they think low price is a good time to raise taxes, look for new gasoline taxes because of low gasoline prices. Our government will Tax, and Tax. Not sure how it will effect the oil industry here.

Comment

Originally posted by jruss View Post
                    What is the federal tax on a gallon of gas now? How many oil field guys are sitting home not making any money? What does the government actually do to produce oil? The federal government needs to stay out of the oil industry.
                    and the auto industry, and health insurance industry....

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Doesn't this have to do with the $10 "surcharge" (i.e. tax...wink, wink, nudge, nudge) per barrel of oil. Either way it won't affect the oil companies. They'll just pass the cost down to the consumers. Thanks, Obama
                      Probably so, will just increase the price at the pump

Comment

Problem is not the tax. The tax would probably help by discouraging us refiners to buy foreign oil and persuade them to buy more domestic.

My issue with ANY bill that ANY politician proposes is all the pork and crap that they wrap up in it while on the face pretend like it's a positive thing.

Example: Tax oil and use proceeds to fund planned parenthood or amnesty.
                        Donate 500 mil to gay rights parades. Subsidize obamacare.

This is the crap that's hidden in these bills. From BOTH sides

Comment

Does he mean taxing production or consumption...

If he lowers the margin of oil $10 at $30 a barrel on the production side he is actively trying to kill the energy independence of the US which in my humble opinion should be considered an act of Treason.

Comment

Any tax placed on a corporation or company is not "passed down" to the end consumer. It is a tax on the end consumer from inception. The tax become part of cost of goods, its just another expense just like paying salaries and materials expense that is going to get rolled up into the price. I love when the Dems say its a tax on corporations as if they are going to just start manufacturing products at their own expense and for a loss.

Comment

only way to help American jobs is to stop import of foreign oil. use up our vast over supply and ease back into the foreign market if we ever need to. We must prove we don't have to buy from them.

Comment

Working...
                              X