Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody effected by these steel/aluminum tarrifs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    May I ask why (to the bolded part)?
    We need to be a country of production again. Not just consumption. If my house cost a little more but that means a steel mill can open up and people can work instead of collect welfare so be it.

I would like to think most people with the right opportunity would rather support their family by working than a handout. Cheap china crap is going to be the end of us.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      A buddy of mine testified before Congress last week about this very issue.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...steel-tariffs/
      Wow, whole new outlook. Did not think about it this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        We need to be a country of production again. Not just consumption. If my house cost a little more but that means a steel mill can open up and people can work instead of collect welfare so be it.

I would like to think most people with the right opportunity would rather support their family by working than a handout. Cheap china crap is going to be the end of us.
        Hey I agree with you (about if it helps keep Americans employed) but from what I'm hearing and reading, it's only costing Americans more at the checkout line but not adding (m)any more jobs.

So that's why I was saying let's check back in a year to see if this tactic actually helped American jobs.

Comment

Working...
        X