chronograph on androids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chronograph on androids

I downloaded a chronograph program to my android and chronoed my BW longbow 57@27 using goldtip trads weighing 540 grains i set the program up at 5 yards and got readings between 201 & 204. Than 10 yards and got a reading between 166 & 170 fps. So would u call this an adequate portrayal of my bows performance and effeciency. I guess what I'm asking should i delete it and/or find a better program.

I'd say the 166-170 might be right. you can buy a chrono online at wally world for less than $100

Comment

Name of the app?

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
        Name of the app?
        Chrono connect

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
            I downloaded a chronograph program to my android and chronoed my BW longbow 57@27 using goldtip trads weighing 540 grains i set the program up at 5 yards and got readings between 201 & 204. Than 10 yards and got a reading between 166 & 170 fps. So would u call this an adequate portrayal of my bows performance and effeciency. I guess what I'm asking should i delete it and/or find a better program.
            No way to really tell without being able to compare to numbers off a real chronoghaph? I have no doubt that a 57# widow with a 9ish gpp arrow can shoot 200fps. I certainly would never had thought that it would drop that much in just 5yds though.

Bisch

Comment

[QUOTTheE=Bisch;8507819]No way to really tell without being able to compare to numbers off a real chronoghaph? I have no doubt that a 57# widow with a 9ish gpp arrow can shoot 200fps. I certainly would never had thought that it would drop that much in just 5yds though.

Bisch[/QUOTE]

The first value might represent a alue leaving the bow but i got numbers of the second value thru a real chrono

Comment

I couldn't get it to work but I do have a lot of background noise so that could be the problem. I was thinking you should be in the 180 range.

Comment

You think there is an app for the iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
                    You think there is an app for the iPhone?
                    Its called achrono its probably a better app

Comment

Tried it, wouldn't work, guess my bow is too quiet!! Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                        Its called achrono its probably a better app
                        Just downloaded it, thanks! Will post what it comes up with.

Comment

Originally posted by hammackc View Post
                          Tried it, wouldn't work, guess my bow is too quiet!! Hehe
                          adjust the sensitivity

Comment

How is a phone app through your smart phone accurately able to chronograph an arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
                              How is a phone app through your smart phone accurately able to chronograph an arrow?
                              I'm not for sure, but I think I read somewhere that it measures the time between the sound of the shot and the arrow hitting the target, and then does a computation to figure it out.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X