Game Warden Field Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Warden Field Notes

I haven't posted one of these in a while...

I had no idea you needed a license for snakes. just never thought about it I guess.
    Last edited by Txjourneyman; 09-21-2018, 05:10 AM.

Wow, I feel safe and can now sleep at night knowing those two reptile hunters have been brought to justice.

Comment

Some people are dumb.

Comment

The ol rubber snake trick they fall for it every time next week the purse on a string trick

Comment

Wow and this is how “some” of the GW’s get their infamous reputations.

Comment

"The snake hunters had a hunting license with a reptile and amphibian endorsement but were told they had violated several laws including: hunting with artificial light from a motor vehicle, hunting from a public roadway, no reflective safety vest, and stopping on a public roadway. Appropriate charges were filed and are pending."

Is a gray banded king snake endangered or something? The charge better be guys c'mon now, don't do that on a public road because it's dangerous to other drivers.

No wonder people get so down on GW's.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              "The snake hunters had a hunting license with a reptile and amphibian endorsement but were told they had violated several laws including: hunting with artificial light from a motor vehicle, hunting from a public roadway, no reflective safety vest, and stopping on a public roadway. Appropriate charges were filed and are pending."

Is a gray banded king snake endangered or something? The charge better be guys c'mon now, don't do that on a public road because it's dangerous to other drivers.

No wonder people get so down on GW's.
              Hope no daddy stops and let’s his kid pick up a turtle off the road in that county.

Comment

There's a reptile and amphibian endorsement?

Comment

What if they were being responsible herpetologists and were trying to move it off the road....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                    What if they were being responsible herpetologists and were trying to move it off the road....

Straight to jail

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post

Seems if you do anything with a snake near a road they want you to have the license and endorsement because they consider it a capture. I am sure that is open to interpretation by the officer, I know a LOT of people on the "What Snake is this, North Texas" FB group move snakes off the road all the time. I honestly didn't even know this stamp existed.

Comment

Some game laws don't make much sense. Like, let's all wear our hunter orange after dark. Wow.

Comment

Those snake guys had it coming.

Comment

Funny how they always leave their hero stories for last.

Comment

I would imagine they were catching snakes to sell as pets, and had probably been doing it for some time if they went to the trouble of setting up a decoy.

Interesting how people will pick and choose what laws should and should't be enforced.

Comment

Working...
                              X