Shooting in Abilene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
    You would have stood your ground in an alley beside a dumpster?
    Could have been anywhere, not just a dumpster. The location is irrelevant, the threat was real.

Comment

New rule: always carry your blaster to haul out the trash

Comment

Now the entire situation could and should have been avoided but what troubles me most is there are people just like this in every town and city and you never know when or what will trigger them to snap. The guy with the bat acted like he had something to prove to the wife and kids and the Deliverance boys were baiting him while looking for an excuse to use their weapons in “self defense”. That is just my guess though based on what little information the video afforded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

and this is the town I live in....

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            I don’t think there’s any other smart thing she could’ve done. Getting between a couple royally ****** off men isn’t a smart idea for a lady. She called, then she filmed. About all she could do. Now the rest of them were complete idiots, and I’m not so sure that the two on the left had a family tree with very many forks in it.
            I would agree that getting between them would be stupid. The man that was killed referred to his kids several times, the lady should have backed off and made sure the kids were safe and let natural selection take its course!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              Now the entire situation could and should have been avoided but what troubles me most is there are people just like this in every town and city and you never know when or what will trigger them to snap. The guy with the bat acted like he had something to prove to the wife and kids and the Deliverance boys were baiting him while looking for an excuse to use their weapons in “self defense”. That is just my guess though based on what little information the video afforded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is an accurate assessment

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
                Could have been anywhere, not just a dumpster. The location is irrelevant, the threat was real.
                Watch the beginning, and listen to the dead guy (not really sure victim is the appropriate term lol). It seems to implicate the two went back there to start a confrontation with him, and took weapons as they knew it it would get ugly. I could be reading that all wrong, but that was my take on it. If that’s the case then they’re absolutely in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                  They had guns, he didn't? How can you feel threatened in that situation if you had the gun? He didn't swing on them did he? They both should be going to jail for a long time.
                  I watched the news report first, so I saw the shooting video without the sound.
                  Then I went back and watched the youtube video, which has the sound and some loooong bleeps.
                  Hearing what the citizen in the orange shirt was yelling at the guys with guns made a difference in how I viewed the encounter.

Comment

My wife would have taken the bat from me and beat me with it until i went in the house.

Comment

I think "trash" is the key word in that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                        I would agree that getting between them would be stupid. The man that was killed referred to his kids several times, the lady should have backed off and made sure the kids were safe and let natural selection take its course!
                        I don’t know. Sometimes cameras have a way of deterring further reckless action. If not, then they at least paint a better picture of said action. The kids were out of the picture, so I can’t really say what she did was wrong. The males on the other hand were wrong.

I’d really like to know what proceeded the video. It definitely seems to implicate previous bad blood between the three. I can’t see carrying a pistol and shotgun out to alley without having previous bad experiences. I also can’t see carrying them out having any sign of good intent on their part. They went looking for it. If they had to go inside to get them, and come back then that’s just as bad. Due to the couple being shirtless it seems that the old man wasn’t carrying holstered. He had the pistol in hand when he went to the alley, which means he went with the intent of using it either as a show of force or actual use.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          Watch the beginning, and listen to the dead guy (not really sure victim is the appropriate term lol). It seems to implicate the two went back there to start a confrontation with him, and took weapons as they knew it it would get ugly. I could be reading that all wrong, but that was my take on it. If that’s the case then they’re absolutely in the wrong.
                          Unfortunately, we aren't being given the whole situation from the short video and what might have escalated it to the situation it did. If they did that, you are correct and they are in the wrong. The Shotgun kid should be in trouble irregardless of the fathers guilt/innocence, he shot way after the shooting started imo and his shot wasnt necessary. Threat was already retreating.

Only seeing the video presented, it looks to me like they were all already out there. If I was the older man and a guy was threatening my life or my kids life, took an aggressive step towards he or I with a bat, I would have shot him.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
                            Unfortunately, we aren't being given the whole situation from the short video and what might have escalated it to the situation it did. If they did that, you are correct and they are in the wrong. The Shotgun kid should be in trouble irregardless of the fathers guilt/innocence, he shot way after the shooting started imo and his shot wasnt necessary. Threat was already retreating.

Only seeing the video presented, it looks to me like they were all already out there. If I was the older man and a guy was threatening my life or my kids life, took an aggressive step towards he or I with a bat, I would have shot him.
                            Both of the armed men went to the alley with guns in hand. The old man didn’t have a holster on him. They went looking for trouble and found it. I think they’re all wrong, just some happen to be a little more wrong.

Comment

I think the answer is reinstating duels

Comment

I hope I never have to shoot anyone

If I do, you can bet it won't be because of an argument over trash

IMO dad and son are going to jail and probably end up on the loosing end of a civil suit

Of course we are seeing one side, Mr Ballbat may have started the whole thing

Comment

Working...
                                X