Best Oil Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Oil Filter

*This is not a "Change your oil every 3000 miles" question, we all know that is a scam so lets move on. I use Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil and change it once a year in May, roughly 10K miles traveled. Usually buy the most expensive filter Walmart has but I want to do better than that.

$5 extra on a better filter once a year is worth it to me, we will hopefully be driving this 4Runner for a long, long time. I want to do what is reasonable to help that happen.

I've read Mobil 1 Extended Performance $12 filter is good and so is Royal Purple Extended Life $15...

So what are you guys using?

Whichever one is on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer wix filters.

Comment

I looked it up at one time, and I found that the OEM Toyota oil filters are very good filters. And they can be had pretty cheap online.

I have some if you're interested. Pay shipping and they're yours!

Comment

I also prefer wix.

But I'm not a mechanic. Just seems to do a good job.

Comment

toyota oem filters are better than anything else On the shelf

Comment

Oem filter is the better filter by far. Think twice about changing your oil every 10k if you want to keep that 4Runner a long time. 30+ year Toyota/Lexus tech.

Comment

Amsoil nano oil filter.

Comment

They are pretty much all the same. I've put 400,00+ plus miles on trucks using regular Napa filters and changing oil every 10,000 miles if I remembered, with non synthetic oil.

Comment

Royal Purple 5W-20. K&N Wrench on Oil Filter. Used in truck since its 1st oil change. 2009 Dodge Ram Laramie Sport Package 193K and still running strong. Drive it every day for a work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wix or NAPA gold but I think it's just NAPA branded Wix

Comment

My local auto parts guy has told me that Mobil 1 is one of the best oils to use. His brother tests oils for a living and if you can keep it clean it will last way more than 10k miles.

As far as filters go amsoil would be a go to filter as they advertise 15k oil life.

I'm running mobile one and change every 10k and change just the filter every 5k and top off with oil. My wife's Honda we run amsoil and go every 15k.

Comment

Bosch

Comment

Wix is what I use

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Most filters are all made at the same manufacturer. There is different spec. Fleetguard filters makes alot of them. K-mart,wix,Acdelco,john deere. The names go on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X