No announcement yet.

New blind coming along quite nicely....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot the smily face. I still crack-up when at the moon pie post you put up a few weeks back.

Comment

Good work....it looks good!

Comment

lookin good

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

decided to take Sunday night off from this and chill with the wife. Mowed the yard and went to Lowes for some final items during the day. I figured I was due..

On a side note, I scored a $2 gallon of a predator brown colored exterior paint that some person thought didn't look right...hopefully the deer don't mind

Comment

Looks great! The garage door clearance picture brings back not so fond memories. I bought two coke machine vaults and eventually made them into some HEAVY DUTY blinds that will be there when my great-great grandkids are at the ranch. They weighed 350 lbs each and after dragging one into the garage I went to tip it up and quickly realized it wouldn't clear the garage door. There I was squealing like a little kid for help as I had this huge steel box tipped over with nowhere to go (after dragging it ten feet or so). The wife came to my rescue and grabbed the highlift jack to hold the thing until I could clear a space and get some neighbors recruited. It was like some strange strong-man contest--minus the strong man. . .

Comment

it's close RR14......I've got 83" of clearance at the opening of the garage door(lowest point) and the blind is 79.5" tall.

above it, I have enough room to run screws in the roof with the Dewalt...but we all could use more room.

Comment

Looking good Hero....that measuring fluid is "fowl" though...try 'Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. death View Post
                    Looking good Hero....that measuring fluid is "fowl" though...try 'Stones.
                    I have a few 'stones left over in my fridge from a visit from this crazy lunatic from Bosque county....

I'm using them for cooking....lol

Comment

Monday night saw the rest of the project blind get skinned, attached more of roof to the cross members and put the back side and door together finally. I'll mount the door with hinges later. No use it in being in the way. Besides I'm outta measuring fluid. I even drank a few Keystones and a Lone Star Light once I got through the good stuff..

Now its time for the winders, vents and making it comfortable.....

All skinned but the back

Door and backside complete w/ door leaning against blind.

Quick token inside shot ...........now the fun begins....

Comment

Darn,

You do good work!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You will have anough room to accomidate furniture and appliances. Are you planning on living in this blind all season or just making sure you have a condo to go to when your wife boots you out for spending more time in the field than with her? You are doing a fine job and thanks for taking the time to share your project with us.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                            You will have anough room to accomidate furniture and appliances. Are you planning on living in this blind all season or just making sure you have a condo to go to when your wife boots you out for spending more time in the field than with her?
                            Funny you should mention that.....she came out last night and said......"you know I could live in that thing".....to which I said...."that can be arranged".....to which she quickly replied "its going to be warm for you in there tonight smart ace....".....

Comment

lol! very nice come back . looking good sir!

Comment

I think we'll call this one **** Towers....looking good Hero.

Comment

Working...
                                X