Question for beekeepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for beekeepers

I know nothing about beekeeping or honey or what the various things that go into the health of the bees and the amount of rain and pollen and all that do to affect the honey, but my uncle gave me a jar of honey that is nothing like I have ever tasted before. It is purely sweet without the robustness that you’d typically associate with the flavor of honey. It doesn’t taste purified, it is very much in the raw but it is very different than any other wildflower honey I’ve ever tried. I’ve even got a friend that makes bluebonnet honey, and his isn’t like this. The last batch my uncle made was more like typical honey, really good but still what you’d expect. Really wish I knew how to better describe the flavor of this year’s batch because it is very unique and is sweet to the point that it almost doesn’t taste like honey anymore

Anybody got any idea what I’m trying to explain and a reason for why honey from the same flowers might vary so differently from year to year?

Sadly he lost a hive to some kind of moth but his 3 other hives are hanging in there.

Clover makes a very sweet, mild honey.

Comment

Different flowers give different taste. My all time favorite is catclaw honey, very mild and sweet and almost clear.

Comment

Working...
      X