Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THOUGHTS ON **HUNTING APPS** Experiences? Barometric Pressure/Moon Phases Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely believe in hunting Barometric pressure. The higher the pressure, the more deer move. My favorite days to hunt during the season are about 36-48 hours after a strong cold front blows in. Blue skies, cold, no wind, and extremely high pressure. In general, barometric pressure is low on cloudy and rainy days, and high following a cold front.

Comment

Deer tend to move more when the conditions are favorable for it. Wind, weather, pressure, moon, etc are all conditions.

Comment

I was told growing up there’s no point in hunting when there’s a full moon. My first three years of hunting on my own I proved that theory wrong. I think there’s no real way of predicting deer movement completely. It can be raining it’s butt off with 30mph winds. If a deer wants to get up and move around he’s going to. Expect the unexpected lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunting during a full moon for pressured deer usually sucks.
          Really dark nights mean they move better during daylight hrs. Often mid afternoon

Comment

I'm convinced that hunting apps are developed by PETA members.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              I'm convinced that hunting apps are developed by PETA members.
              [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I believe it has an impact but don't base my hunting times solely on it.

Comment

I've not noticed any pattern with the moon phase and recommended major and minor movement times. I have noticed change in activity with the barometric pressure. Same goes for fishing.

Comment

What’s the app say right now for Montgomery county? Just saw a very nice buck on the side of 99 between Kingwood and spring [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                      What’s the app say right now for Montgomery county? Just saw a very nice buck on the side of 99 between Kingwood and spring [emoji23]

Shows that it was great hour ago.

Comment

Articles, videos, podcasts, recipes and more covering hunting, fishing, wild foods, conservation and everything in between.

They talk about this app. Mark Drury help make it. Gives some insight onto why this one if different from the others. First year it is out.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Shows that it was great hour ago.

Nice! I’m surprised

Comment

I use ScoutLook because for me it’s usually pretty accurate on wind direction I occasionally glance at the solunar stuff, but I hunt as much as I can or whenever I want so the tables don’t really influence me.

Comment

I think the deer download the apps too. LMAO
                              Tried many and feel they are a joke.

Comment

Recent article by John Dudley said he goes by the Minor period, not Major. Was an interesting read.

Comment

Working...
                                X