Brightest hand held flashlight????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rchr View Post
    I guess reading comprehension is an issue here. You are quoting me, not the website.

Even though the website has not been updated the info is still usefull, can you post a better website? If you can we would all be grateful.

I never said that I had used all LEDs out there. Many flashlights can light at 100 yards. But can you dig some one out that is hiding in the brush even from a distance. While working on patrol I have seen many flashlights but the LEDs I have seen have not impressed me. I am not saying that they are not good just that they are not as penetrating when you need to shine under brush or into a deep shadow onto something dark like a pig, bear or someone wearing dark clothing. Shine both lights together at an object at a distance and see which light works better. (By the way I have the Coleman flashlight that is shown in this thread and I use it to get to/from my stand and it works very well, but my Stinger or Strion still work better. LED lights tend to flood an area where as rechargeable lights tend to penetrate more. JMHO

Rchr
    The beam on my light is plenty focused. It will light up stuff that I pass over with my Stinger.

Comment

I own most all of these,,, The FENIX is by far the brightest.

Comment

This is a good thread guys. I had no idea that these flashlights even existed. I gotta get me one. I am used to the old Wal-Mart specials.

Comment

I have a Dorcy light also. The metal cased one with the "tactical" look to it. Pretty darn bright. At Wal-Mart for about $20.

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
          I picked up two new LED flash lights at Costco for $20. Made by Dorsey? Never heard of them but man they smoke my high discharge tactical xenon light. Plus they run on 3 AAA, and 6 AAA, not the $10 photo batteries. It projected a real nice spot light that lit up the neighbors house 150' away. The store in Southlake is out of them now. May not be the brightest but for $10 a piece, who cares.

Comment

google flashlight hack bright sucker for 10 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
              I have the surefire G2 LED that is pretty awesome, IMO.

J
              I have the Stinger and the Surefire...I cant even find my Stinger anymore!!

Comment

duracell daylite. 80 lumen outa two AA. for 30 bucks u can't beat it

Comment

Surefire 6PD Defender Tactical - best light I have.

Comment

Originally posted by doncom View Post
                    167 Lumens with 4 AAA batteries and 130 hours run time. 711 feet effective range. 5.5 inches long.

Intriguing looking flashlight. I have serious doubts as to the 130 hour claims though. That is probably on the lowest setting and with ever dimishing output as the batteries go dead. Not like the constant rate battery packs that have the same output for the duration until they go dead. At maximum output, it might last an hour or so but that is still good for that many lumens.

I may have to try that one and throw it in the bag for a backup light. With using standard AAA batteries, if the recharge light goes out, this one can stay in the game.

Comment

Fenix????? What models do each of you have?

Rwc

Comment

Here is what I think basd on the ones I have owned.
                        I have the Browning the Black Ice, it's a good light but too heavy for an everyday light but would be good to keep in the truck for a tracking light.
                        I also had the Surefire E2D and this was a great light and I would consider buying another. I lost it.
                        I replaced the E2D with a G2 by Surefire based on a recommendation by BowVista and it is a good light. A little bigger than the E2D. I think I prefer the E2D light but with a $70 difference the G2 could out weight the benifits of the E2D.
                        I also have an Inova Bolt that was given to me. I was suprised and have really come to like this light. While not the quality of Surefire it's definatly comparable when given the price difference.

Prior to ever buying another I would look at this one buy Barry and Gene Wensel. It's called the MainBeam and the specs and versitility looks great, let alone the many different kinds of lights and modes it has in one light without changing bulbs. http://www.brothersofthebow.com/html/mainbeam.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I agree. I can assure you, the CREE replacement that I posted will light up under my feeder from 100 yards away, and bright enough to take out a pig if needed.
                          I've got two Surefire 6P lights. I put the 13 dollar LED conversion (that you posted a few weeks ago) in one of them and it's bad ***! I have the red, flip-open, filter on it.......used it in conjunction with my Kimber this weekend on some tree'd coons.

Comment

Just picked up a new one yesterday at the DEPOT, a Coast LED Lenser, was originally $ 54.00, they marked it down to $ 24.00 This little thing is 3 3/4 " long, runs on 3 AAA batteries , comes with 3 extra batteries , nylon sheath, & has 1 red led in the center surrounded with 5 white led's. Rated at 100 Lumen. Seperate switches for led's & can both be on at the same time. Not bad for the price.
                            Tried it last night , very bright.
                            Would like to know if you could have 5 red led's around 1 white led. I want to use this light for walking to & from stand.

Comment

RWC, after about 4 years my Stinger was acting sick. Went and paid $19.99 for a new battery and she's as good as new. Hard to be a Stinger

Comment

Working...
                              X