Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to get rid of dogs running around the ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to get rid of dogs running around the ranch?

Apparently there are 3-4 dogs running the property at night that are on 3 different game cameras. Also in the same time frame, the amount of deer in the pictures have gone way down.
    There are plenty of farm houses around, so I'm thinking they are from one of them. At first I thought they were hog dogs because the only time they are on camera is between 1am-3am but they don't have location collars or the usual thick collars that the catch dogs have.
    Either way, I want them gone. Without being there during that time of night and dealing with them, is there any good way to get rid of them?
    Only thought was a hog trap with dog food in it.

Here come the shoot and shovel comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      SHhhhhhhh......

Comment

Depends on how illegal and unethical you want to get lol. We had a problem at our place once, tried talking to the dog owners but it didn’t help. Landowner got involved and he was a ruthless old man that hated dogs. He sat some stuff out and they “disappeared”. I personally wouldn’t do this as I know someone that did this and a buzzard came an ate on the dead dog, the poison ended up killing it too. Game warden got involved and it turned out pretty bad for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          Well, he already broke rule number 3.

Comment

I've never seen a dog on our ranch.

Comment

Well, I can tell you that I'm not going to every house around to see who's dogs they are as I sit just outside of the city limits so there a good amount of homes on the road I'm on, plus two streets that come off of it.

Comment

Mums the word.

Comment

Dp what u have to so the deer will return. Don't like trespassers

Comment

Shake a can of pea gravel at the dogs...it will scare them away and also attract deer. Win/win

Comment

I trapped a bunch of wild dogs with a hog trap and some old burger and chicken. Dogs are much easier to catch than almost anything out there.

Comment

22 hornet

Comment

Snares for “coyotes “

Comment

When dogs pack up they are worse than any predator. They don't have to be feral either. They can be pets during the day and killers at night.

Legal way is to get the law involved, no protection for you if all they are doing is harassing or even killing wildlife.
                            Now if you have goats, calves, chickens etc you have a legal leg to stand on but you may need to have proof

Comment

Whack or walk?

Comment

Working...
                              X