Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cigarette smokers, tried being nice.....done..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette smokers, tried being nice.....done..

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
    Trashy people.....

What’s trashy? Getting married twice, smoking, littering or littering and littering and smoking the reefer[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      What’s trashy? Getting married twice, smoking, littering or littering and littering and smoking the reefer[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Funny thing is walked out and smelled weed in the parking lot and I don't care, doesnt litter

Comment

I can remember a time when smoke smell didn't bother anybody. I think it't time to go after old blue haired women who have no sense of smell. They must bathe in that **** cheap perfume. I'd rather smell smoke.

Comment

I like smoking and throwing the butts down, makes the snowflakes cry

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            Sad they can't just go outside, pure selfishness. Proof is a tough thing unless we walk them around like a car rental......but very few do it. Like you owning an airbnb they think no big deal but we smell it immediately and they don't understand the problem. But then, next one comes tour and walk away thinking it smells like cigarette smoke
            Exactly! It can be tuff catering to the public.

Comment

WTH? Are you related to PB2 by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                I like smoking and throwing the butts down, makes the snowflakes cry
                Problem is I make a living off snowflakes and if it stinks like smoke at my place they go down the road to one that doesn't I just missed out on $5000

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I can remember a time when smoke smell didn't bother anybody. I think it't time to go after old blue haired women who have no sense of smell. They must bathe in that **** cheap perfume. I'd rather smell smoke.
                  Smoke smell was a part of everday life 25 years ago, never gave it much thought.

You is right on the cheap perfume, it can get intense.

Comment

You need to invest a few hundred dollars in an ozone machine. They will rid the ladies bathroom of smoke stink in no time.

It's too bad they are not respecting your rules but its going to keep happening. I worked at a nice hotel in Austin the last few years in college. Wedding nights were always a blast to watch. Keg and Wine receptions were good but the full open bar ones were train wrecks.

My manager was a total stickler for hotel rules with the exception of weddings. One night he gave me $300 and sent me to go get as many cigars as I could find. Go grab them and gave them to him. About 20 minutes later the ballroom was up in smoke. We were watching the band and our manager swung by. We gave him some smack about letting them smoke inside. Big no no.

He pointed to the father of the bride who was smoking & dancing with family. Band was jamming.
                    "When we settle up the bill for this weekend he will be out of $350,000. You go tell him to put his cigar out."

You kinda signed up for a little headache being in the same business.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                      You need to invest a few hundred dollars in an ozone machine. They will rid the ladies bathroom of smoke stink in no time.

It's too bad they are not respecting your rules but its going to keep happening. I worked at a nice hotel in Austin the last few years in college. Wedding nights were always a blast to watch. Keg and Wine receptions were good but the full open bar ones were train wrecks.

My manager was a total stickler for hotel rules with the exception of weddings. One night he gave me $300 and sent me to go get as many cigars as I could find. Go grab them and gave them to him. About 20 minutes later the ballroom was up in smoke. We were watching the band and our manager swung by. We gave him some smack about letting them smoke inside. Big no no.

He pointed to the father of the bride who was smoking & dancing with family. Band was jamming.

"When we settle up the bill for this weekend he will be out of $350,000. You go tell him to put his cigar out."

You kinda signed up for a little headache being in the same business.

No he didn’t. His place he gets to set whatever rules he wants. I hope he fines the crap out of some people. If it’s made explicitly clear up front the customer has the choice to go elsewhere. If they elect to use his venue and break contract they deserve everything they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mike d View Post
                        no he didn’t. His place he gets to set whatever rules he wants. I hope he fines the crap out of some people. If it’s made explicitly clear up front the customer has the choice to go elsewhere. If they elect to use his venue and break contract they deserve everything they get.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro

yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          No he didn’t. His place he gets to set whatever rules he wants. I hope he fines the crap out of some people. If it’s made explicitly clear up front the customer has the choice to go elsewhere. If they elect to use his venue and break contract they deserve everything they get.
                          I agree with this, with all the hoopla of "Save the Date" and other invitations that go out, it is very simple to add the details of it being a no smoking venue.

The last wedding I went to was at such a venue and the list of "Do's and Don'ts" was extensive, to the point it was an annoyance.

Don't drive in after 4:30pm.
                          Don't stand in these areas during the ceremony.
                          Don't take any pictures or video with your phone during the ceremony.
                          Don't post any updates or pictures to social media until the following day.
                          We do not want any distractions during the ceremony so please no infants or toddlers.

This was on the wedding invitation, they can easily add a no smoking clause

Comment

Mix in alcohol and it equals "Stupid" or "Trash". Set the rules and run your business how you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. My point is it will keep happening regardless of how many signs he puts up. Drunks don't read or listen.

The ozone machines work. Its a simple solution to fix a few bad guests.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                                Proof is a tough thing unless we walk them around like a car rental......but very few do it.
                                I got married this year, to my first wife. Couldnt really see myself walking around on my wedding night trying to police people smoking. I also couldnt imagine opening a back charge bill for somebody smoking at my wedding, unless there was a time stamped picture that went along with it, and probably some GPS coordinates.

Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X