No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my kid a Rawlings Heart of Hide and they aint cheap.

Comment

No they are not.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Just got my kid a Rawlings Heart of Hide and they aint cheap.
        I'm a Rawlings guy, but my boys like Wilson's for some reason. I think the HOH gloves are superior to the A2000's and A2K's for durability, but my days are over so it's about them! Lol. Congrats to your son on his new glove and I'm sure it will serve him well through his collegiate journey! Just curious, but the college programs don't supply gloves for their athletes?

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
          What team are you guys with? I have a 2021 son who played the WWBA. He plays for a team called Academy Select Baseball out of North Texas. We've played the WWBA the last four years. 11-12 games each time. It's a grind!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            You guys that are getting to the 15 and up age range need to make sure your organization schedules the PG world Series for their graduating class. It’s in Atlanta right now. Lots of kids get looks here. We have had at least 7 or 8 kids that have offers on the table from this tournament from this organization and not sure how many are now on radar or offers will come soon. Schools from all over the nation are here and not one game is not attended by coaches looking to fill spots. I’ll take some pics today. The two to make sure your kids organization focuses on are PG and PBR in my opinion
            Always lots of looks at the WWBA. We play it every year. Five Tool is a great place to get exposure for kids that want to play here regionally, which is most.

Comment

I have an obsession with a glove group - A guy from up here raffles high end/custom gloves off almost every day. I won a Rawlings Pro Preferred. Retail was up over $400.

You pay $15-$20 per spot and you get a chance at gloves that I would never buy, lol.

Most of the games last days / weeks. This guys' games go in a matter of 5 mins. Good local dude as well. Always fun to try and get in the games and throw my money away.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                I have an obsession with a glove group - A guy from up here raffles high end/custom gloves off almost every day. I won a Rawlings Pro Preferred. Retail was up over $400.

You pay $15-$20 per spot and you get a chance at gloves that I would never buy, lol.

Most of the games last days / weeks. This guys' games go in a matter of 5 mins. Good local dude as well. Always fun to try and get in the games and throw my money away.
                Do that with a couple of different groups... im the guy always 1 number off..

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Ha! That's my buddy Jared. Good dude.

Comment

Having a difficult time pulling trigger on new 2020 prime or a DSB Made.... no freind or org discount makes these things a bit pricey...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      We have a very strict warmup regimine/ritual with tan since he hurt his elbow.
                      Its emphasis isnt on strength
                      its on proper technique and mechanics.. which has ended up with a side effect of more strength.
                      Its pretty simple .. not hard throws.
                      25 throws @ 10
                      25 @15yd
                      15 @ 20
                      15 @ 30
                      10 @ 40
                      5 - 10 @ long (usually pop fly depth)
                      Then "cool down" throws as he walks back in.
                      Again..emphasis is on the mechanics..arm position and watching the ball spin on each throw..and correcting as needed.

Depending on the practice drills sceduled we may practice his throw downs to 2nd and 3rd after a break.

He does the routine before every practice and game.

Its helped.
                      Doc said mechanics is the biggest reason for injury..throwing wrong.. with overuse being a factor but not necessarily the primary reason
                      IE: overuse is usually identified as throwing incorrectly too many times with not enough rest and/or recovery.
                      Man that’s a lot of cycles for his arm.. 100 plus cool down before every game and practice. And then count the throwing done in games and practice ...how old is he ?

Comment

Originally posted by knapper View Post
                        Man that’s a lot of cycles for his arm.. 100 plus cool down before every game and practice. And then count the throwing done in games and practice ...how old is he ?
                        That not a lot at all...
                        the program was designed by the doctor that treated him. Hes throwing 25-50%.. with the emphasis on mechanics ...not power
                        If you saw it ..youd wonder how he made his team
                        Hes 10.

Comment

So 100 to warmup?
                          300 over 2 games on Saturday if they play 3 games on Sunday that’s another 100 to warmup then 300 over 3 games on Sunday that’s a lot of throwing for a catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                            So 100 to warmup?
                            300 over 2 games on Saturday if they play 3 games on Sunday that’s another 100 to warmup then 300 over 3 games on Sunday that’s a lot of throwing for a catcher.
                            Game days ARE a little different depending on how close the games are..usually saturdays are back to back.. (two games)..so just light toss warmups for as much time as they can before umpire starts clock..with bp work to warm up pitchers..
                            Sundays is the regimine warmup to start day.. and games are usually back to back with occaisional hour in between games..depending on tourney size and seeding from sat.- normal light toss with team before games with sometimes little bp work..
                            The point is every practice/game day starts with that regimine ..again..with the focus on mechanics not power.
                            It ABSOLUTELY has helped his strength accuracy and endurance and most importantly.. hes throwing correctly to prevent injury.
                            Thanks for your concerns.

Comment

2019 Select Baseball

What bat has the best pop? He’s swinging a cat8 27-17 now but needing to step up to 28-18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Bowtech08; 09-08-2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

IMO cat8 is the best alloy, that's what I would stick with.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X