Apple Cider Vinegar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Cider Vinegar

Anyone drink it for natural health benefits?

I've been trying to drink a little every day. It seems to give me a small boost of energy, but that's likely a placebo effect.

Just curious if anyone else has tried it.

My wife always has some of that acv with the mother or whatever in it. I tried to take a swig or two everyday for a couple weeks, I couldn’t tell any difference. Probably just me though, didn’t stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I mix it 50/50 in a shot glass, with honey...…
      I don't know, if it's done me any good....
      But, it sure does open your eyes in the morning...

Comment

My wife drank it after our fourth baby was born to help with high blood pressure. She has always had low blood pressure but after the last little guy it started running dangerously high. Two doses a day kept the emergency room away until her body got back to normal.

Comment

50 years ago my mother made my brother and I drink it..........it was AWFUL!!!

Comment

Cranberry juice and acv. It tastes like it’s good for you. Ton of stuff on web about benefits

Comment

Only thing that use it for is putting in the water pan in the smoker, keeps everything moist and gives it good flavor

Comment

acid reflux

I was recently notified by the nurse in my doctor's office that I need to get off of my acid reflux medicine (generic Protonix). A good friend of mine said about two weeks of acv got his under control. He occasional takes doses if his stomach starts acting up again.

It seems like it might be helping a little, but I really still have to watch what I eat. I have a good supply of over the counter meds that I do use on occasion.

I take about 1-2 teaspoons of acv with a little honey in about 4-6 oz. of water. Not too bad.

Unfortunately, I still like the things that are bad for reflux, beer, bbq, salsa, etc. etc.

Comment

acv helps me, so does lemons. A friend told me to take the juice of 2 lemons daily for my knees. I thought he was crazy until I tried it a week. Turns out I googled it and found he was right. Citric acid plays some part in the healing of knee cartridge. Doc told me I would need a total knee within a few months. Knee hurt all the time. Started lemon therapy and dang it my knee quit hurting. Sounds too simple to be true but they “definitely” help me.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                    acv helps me, so does lemons. A friend told me to take the juice of 2 lemons daily for my knees. I thought he was crazy until I tried it a week. Turns out I googled it and found he was right. Citric acid plays some part in the healing of knee cartridge. Doc told me I would need a total knee within a few months. Knee hurt all the time. Started lemon therapy and dang it my knee quit hurting. Sounds too simple to be true but they “definitely” help me.
                    Sounds like a good reason for some Modelo and limes tonight

Comment

I took shots of it for about 3 weeks. Helped me lose some weight but couldn’t get past the taste. They make pills but didn’t seem to be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                        Glad to hear this, Wayne.

Comment

I put a couple of spoons in pico when I make it with lime juice too. The biggest thing I found to cure heartburn is cutting out MSG - mono sodium gluconate a preservative. Ever noticed you can eat healthy at subway but get heartburn, yet you can make a sub with fresh ingredients and eat all you want with nada?

Comment

I mix a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar along with a teaspoon of honey and about 1/4 cup of hot water(the hot water helps the honey and ACV to mix good). Mix it up good, top off the glass with ice, fill the rest up with cold water, and mix it up good again. I have been using this mix after I work outside in the heat for years. It helps me recover and I feel better after drinking it than I do compared to Gatorade, Powerade, or even Pedialyte.

Comment

The bit that makes you feel better is the live culture in the ACV. If you don’t want to shoot it every morning there are all kinds of fermented foods you can add to your diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X