Duck boat in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck boat in progress

I'm working on turning my Jon boat into a Duck boat. So one evening after work I drew up my pattern for my sawgrass stencil and spent a little time cutting it out. This is the final product.

More to come as I begin to prep the boat for paint..

Cool Pattern! Cant wait to see Boat

Comment

That pattern is nice. Are you planning on a dark background with light stenciling or the other way around?

Comment

If you go to hobby lobby they have stencil making material with peel off sheets. Once you start spraying the paint will build up quick and will be hard to use. What also works well but not as good is thin poster board you can get it at walmart for under $2. The pattern looks great will be following along.

Comment

Originally posted by kwperry View Post
          That pattern is nice. Are you planning on a dark background with light stenciling or the other way around?
          Olive Drab/ Mud brown with light stenciling. Working on a tree bark stencil at the moment to give the grass depth.

Comment

Sounds like you have it all figure out. I will definitely stay tuned for some pictures of the finished product.

Comment

Pondering whether I should paint the base coat on or have the entire thing powdered first then do my stencil work....
              I'm leary the paint will peel off the aluminum.

Here's the boat.
              Last edited by Fla Hunter; 07-25-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Can always paint itagain

Comment

saturate a rag in vinegar and wipe the boat down before painting it...helps prep the aluminum and keeps it from peeling as quick

Comment

I used Parker duck boat paint. Bought it at bass pro or cabelas. It's held up on my aluminum boat for about 3 yrs now. And what I found worked well for my stencil material was a plastic no trespass sign. If it gets too much paint accumulated, and it will, you can wipe it off and keep going. Paper will get soggy quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                      I used Parker duck boat paint. Bought it at bass pro or cabelas. It's held up on my aluminum boat for about 3 yrs now. And what I found worked well for my stencil material was a plastic no trespass sign. If it gets too much paint accumulated, and it will, you can wipe it off and keep going. Paper will get soggy quick.
                      Did you use a primer prior to applying your base coat?

Comment

Update* ordered a gallon of Parker's Duck boat paint for the base coat.

Comment

Show us more pics as u go along..

Comment

Originally posted by Fla Hunter View Post
                            Did you use a primer prior to applying your base coat?
                            I didn't use a primer just lightly scuffed wiped it down with what ever it called fir and sprayed it.

Comment

Looking good !

Need a mud motor?

Comment

Working...
                              X