Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody found any indian artifact around Jack/Young county?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
    Billybird, who'd you cowboy for out there? Family is from Jermyn.
    The company I worked for sub-leased land from a Chuck Curtis. I remember one ranch owner was the late Alice Johnson, another was J.D. Bloodworth up at Scotland. Possum Ellenberg, had a place next to one of our places. I worked with Wimp and Rusty Denning, C.W. Morris(?), and a Jerome Christiensen. His dad was Bullet Christiensen who worked Yates or Yeager Charolaise ranch S.E. of Jacksboro on the hiway to Bridgeport. Was thru Jacksboro 2 yrs ago. Almost didn't recognize the place. Even "The Green Frog" had stopped selling calf fries. That area was rough as a cobb, and required some real cowboying to get the job done. But I loved every minute of it. C'ya

Comment

Originally posted by Billybird View Post
      The company I worked for sub-leased land from a Chuck Curtis. I remember one ranch owner was the late Alice Johnson, another was J.D. Bloodworth up at Scotland. Possum Ellenberg, had a place next to one of our places. I worked with Wimp and Rusty Denning, C.W. Morris(?), and a Jerome Christiensen. His dad was Bullet Christiensen who worked Yates or Yeager Charolaise ranch S.E. of Jacksboro on the hiway to Bridgeport. Was thru Jacksboro 2 yrs ago. Almost didn't recognize the place. Even "The Green Frog" had stopped selling calf fries. That area was rough as a cobb, and required some real cowboying to get the job done. But I loved every minute of it. C'ya
      Billybird,
      I replied to your PM. The names dont sound familiar but Ill be seeing some kinfolk this weekend and see if they know them. Yeah the green frog doesnt sell calf fries anymore but they do fry up some good catfish on friday night buffet and the chicken fried steak is always a sure bet topped off by bread pudding for desert!

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
        Hey dawgkllr

I didnt get pm can you retry. thanks phil
        armadillophil,
        I swear I remember sending you a long drawn out PM but cant find it in my sent file. Ill shoot you my number in PM give me a call and I can tell ya what I know about the area.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
          Billybird,
          I replied to your PM. The names dont sound familiar but Ill be seeing some kinfolk this weekend and see if they know them. Yeah the green frog doesnt sell calf fries anymore but they do fry up some good catfish on friday night buffet and the chicken fried steak is always a sure bet topped off by bread pudding for desert!
          Next time through Jacksboro I'll hafta try the catfish. Read you pm, your family history is very interesting. C'Ya

Comment

Working...
          X