No announcement yet.

Painted & Indigo Bunting Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only painted bunting I ever saw was on the farm when I was a kid, N.E. of Rosebud, Tx.. Next to the peacock, perhaps the most colorful bird in the US, at least that my opinion. And you all know whats that worth. Tell your daughter, "Great Job!!" capturing those with her camera. And to start a hard copy album collection. (And You buy her the "The Peterson Field Guide to Western Birds". (better that she chases birds than boys.) My most exciting sighting was a male (variant), and female "Scarlet Tanger" on the Canadian River N.W. of Roy, NM, four years ago. Yep, your right, I am a bird nut and proud of it! C'Ya

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      beautiful birds........I should start seeing them at my place soon..........
      I remember seeing them at your place, very cool

Comment

Crazy colors. Thanks for the pics!

Comment

I love the paints. They are so beautiful.

Comment

I wish I had a few of those around the house instead of those dang European House Sparrows.

Comment

Thanks for posting

I have seen both a handful of times in Northern Smith county, wish I saw more of them

Comment

I have a few Painted Bunting that go to my place in Jack county every summer. would love to see the Indigos there also

Comment

Feed some white millet and they will probably stay around. They like to feed on the ground but will come to a bird feeder if it has white millet in it.

Comment

Cool pics and beautiful birds.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      Have those birds always been in TX? I have never seen one but I either hit one like the top pic the other day in my car or a wild Parrot
                      They have always been here, but are somewhat territorial. They always go back to the same area every year. I have neighbors who don't ever see them in their yard and I have other neighbors like myself see them every year. I usually have 6-7 males and around 10 females every year. We just get the painted buntings and not the indigo buntings.

Comment

What are you putting out for food that is attracting them? Angie

Comment

i put out bird seed fer the birds in back yard bud stupid grackels scare everything ! wat to do?

Comment

I used to see those a lot when I hunted around San Saba. They are beautiful birds.

Comment

Male bunting sighting in Ennis this morning. I thought I saw him briefly last week. Last year I had three pair and figured it was just a one time sighting. I have all kinds of bird feeders and different style of feeders and enjoy birdwatching. Last year was my first. I hope I get to see a few each year. I looked back at my pics and it was aug last year. Gonna try to see if tractor supply has white millet. Here they are getting seeds off of tall grass on the lots next to me that are not maintained.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never had the pleasure. Cool birds

Comment

Working...
                                X