Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground blind dimensions for bow hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground blind dimensions for bow hunting.

What would you say the best dimensions would be so that you're comfortable and it's easy to draw your bow

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No less than 5X5. Bigger is better.

Trailboss

Comment

I like 6' x 6' x 76" tall

Comment

I am only buying 90"x90" or bigger now. Height at least 68" but really want 72". I like to make sure there is enough room for two people. Just my two cents. The bigger the better for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
          I like 6' x 6' x 76" tall
          ^

Comment

Almost 10 years ago now I set out to build "the perfect bow ground blind". Dimensions:
            73" wide
            78" deep
            70" tall
            It has been great to hunt out of. It is still in use - I've repainted every couple of years and replaced the sliders with DeerView windows. The only thing I would do differently is make it taller - enough to stand up without stooping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blind1_edited-2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	24554245

Name:	blind5_edited-2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	24554246
            Last edited by jerp; 09-17-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

The one I built is 8x8x8. Very roomy inside, but I’m not sure you will find a pop up that size.

Comment

Best size I have found comes from a "Tank End Blind" 8' inside diameter and 8' tall at the ceiling peak. It will make every other blind, commercial or not seem like a small tomato can!

Comment

I'm currently building an 8'L x 6'W x 8'T . I plant to shoot standing up

Comment

If I can't stand straight up they're worthless to me. Sitting for extended periods of time is real bad on my lower back. Minimum is 72" for my preference.Taller the better.

Comment

Minimum 6' tall
                      Minimum 6' Deep

I have built several 5' wide & the last couple have been 4' wide, plenty wide for 1 person.

Comment

I have 5 1/2 x 5 1/2and 6x6 and over all the 6x6 is more comfortable.

The 5 1/2 is not bad for 1 guy and it’s easier to heat.

This is the 5 1/2x 5 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My last 2 bow blinds have been octagon and 72" from point to point. One was 75" tall in the center with 8 sided roof. The one I built this year is 72 at the front and 68 in the rear. More than enough room for 2 and all your junk.

The steel frame was easier to move in than wood by far and much cheaper

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine are 6' in diameter. Very comfortable for one person. Wouldn't work for two people IMO unless one was a kid.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is the ultimate that will give you space and comfort and will not get blown away in a tornado that will flip a 27' single slide RV sitting 10 yards from it.

Tanks End Blind, 8' diameter inside and 8' inside height!

Name:	thumbnail[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	24554261

Comment

Working...
                              X