Potus sotu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    More fiscally conservative than those who built a debt in the hundreds of trillions? Yeah, who wants that.... It's not really a question, so please don't answer.
    Even the great Republican hero Ronald Reagan built up debt. He was a great American and he had some of it right. But if you cut taxes you have to cut spending or you go deeper in debt. None of them seem to be willing to do that. We are selling out our debt to foreign countries. Each one of them in Washington are guilty of it.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

So tax cuts are ok as long as wealthy people don’t also benefit? Shouldn’t all Americans get a tax cut? Are middle class more deserving of a tax cut for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
        Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
        The fifth would pay $1.
        The sixth would pay $3.
        The seventh would pay $7.
        The eighth would pay $12.
        The ninth would pay $18.
        The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
        So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men– the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
        The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
        The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
        The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
        The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
        The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got a dollar out of the $20,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “but he got $10!” “Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more than I!” “That’s true!!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!” “Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up. The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill! And that, ladies and gentlemen, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.
        great read man

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          You can't even refute it because you know it's true.
          Heroin originated in the poppy fields of Afghanistan.
          How is it getting from the Stahns to America?

Hmmm????
          I don’t know how it gets here but you really believe our goverment imports drugs then chases the folks around that sells it ?

Comment

Hmmm????
            Do you keep your tinfoil hat on when you sleep? Go watch a documentary on drug smuggling and see how it gets here. It’s not rocket science. Oh, the earth is not flat and the government also did not implant something in your head to hear your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              I don’t know how it gets here but you really believe our goverment imports drugs then chases the folks around that sells it ?
              You can't win Marty... It's impossible to have a battle of wits with an unarmed nitwit...

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Even the great Republican hero Ronald Reagan built up debt. He was a great American and he had some of it right. But if you cut taxes you have to cut spending or you go deeper in debt. None of them seem to be willing to do that. We are selling out our debt to foreign countries. Each one of them in Washington are guilty of it.

Your fixing to see more capital gains tax collected and corporate tax collected than ever. It's hard for liberal minds to comprehend but just try a little

Comment

Hmmm????
                  I'm not following you, are you saying Trump did it?

Comment

So which way would you prefer to go?

I'll take this one over any alternative I've been offered.

Comment

Far as I'm concerned, he knocked out of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                        Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
                        The fifth would pay $1.
                        The sixth would pay $3.
                        The seventh would pay $7.
                        The eighth would pay $12.
                        The ninth would pay $18.
                        The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
                        So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men– the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
                        The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
                        The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
                        The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
                        The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
                        The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got a dollar out of the $20,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “but he got $10!” “Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more than I!” “That’s true!!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!” “Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn’t get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up. The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill! And that, ladies and gentlemen, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          And why is that ? Why has business left? Because of high corporate tax rates and bull**** regulations.
                          It’s a little more complicated than Corp taxes. American people want inexpensive goods while American workers want American wages. Those don’t exist on the same plane. But you can make LED Christmas lights in China for $1 landed cost and sell them here for $5... if they were made stateside they would cost $4 and sell for $8

I only used that because it is the industry I am most familiar with

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                            40% off the top? Can you PLEASE back this up with factual evidence. I’ll wait.

Good lord the empty can rattles the loudest.
                            Reduced from 35% tax to 20%. I did the math off the top of my head. Comes close.

Comment

Great speech and can’t wait to see him check off some more items on his agenda. He is going to be one of the greats.

Comment

Reduced from 35% tax to 20%. I did the math off the top of my head. Comes close.

Comment

Working...
                                X