F150 Tire Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 Tire Questions

Truck is a 2013 ecoboost 4x4. Eventually, I want to get some adjustable Bilstein shocks to level out the truck, but I think my spare change is going to need to go toward a new set of tires first.

1. Will 295/70/17 tires fit without rubbing, before I install the leveling shocks? Or do I need to stick with 285/70/17?

2. I don't want to jeopardize my extended warranty with a tuner. Will a ford dealer be able to reprogram my speedometer and odometer? For how much?

3. Will I notice changes in acceleration/shift points jumping from stock size (265/70/17) to 295s or 285s? Or is that not a big enough increase to notice?

Thanks for any advice.

You keeping the stock rims or going with aftermarket with backspace?

Comment

They will fit no problem and spedo will be of only few miles per hour. Should notice much in the **** points. There are some 295/70/17 toyo rts in classifieds right now.

Comment

1. I put a rough country level on mine and got 295/70/17 nittos on aftermarket rims and it rubs

2. I didn’t have any change in my speedometer

3. Didn’t notice any difference, it only dropped the mileage 2 mpg

Comment

1.yes
          2.yes and idk
          3. Yes again

My advice is Level it, do non warranty power upgrades ie exhaust, intake. And use a phone to check speed differentials at common speeds. You’ll be about 4-5 mph faster than speedo at 70. Then when your factory warranty runs out, throw whatever programmer on it that you want and have fun.

Comment

My hunting truck is a 2014 with the 5.0 in it. I went to 285s with no level and I lost 3.5 mpg highway and my speedo is off about 5-6 mph at highway speeds. I haven’t taken it to ford to see if they can reprogram, but will when I have time.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
              My hunting truck is a 2014 with the 5.0 in it. I went to 285s with no level and I lost 3.5 mpg highway and my speedo is off about 5-6 mph at highway speeds. I haven’t taken it to ford to see if they can reprogram, but will when I have time.
              Hopefully some of that mpg loss is due to the odo being off. I.e. You're traveling further with each rotation with the bigger tires than your odo suggests.

Right?

Comment

I want to keep my factory wheels.

Comment

F150 Tire Questions

I've got a 15' with a 2" level, 17" wheels with -12 offset and 295/70/17 Toyo MT, I get a very slight rub at max lock when backing up.

My 13' I test fit some Cooper STT Pro in same size and they cleared, barely.

You will lose mileage and you'll notice a loss in low end power. Truck will downshift on hills it used to have no problem in 6th with. I'm running Ken Osborne's Omega tune and a PMAS intake and while I gained in the mid-upper RPM range, gears are the only thing thats going to restore the low end loss. You have to figure that size tire is going to weigh 65-70# which is an extra 20-25# each corner over OEM, it's not like static weight in the bed.

Dealers can recalibrate but it's usually $100 and they claim they need the truck for a few hours. Buy a SCT or Bully Dog BDX and get the Omega tune. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

I have a 2wd 2013 5.0 with a 2.5 level... my 275/65R20 rub in reverse. Makes it a pain to back a trailer. If I did some trimming on the plastic above the air dam it'd miss though.

Comment

I've got the Auto Spring spacers (2") off my 13' I'd sell ya for $50. You can go back and do the Billstein later.

Comment

Check out their gallery. Last I checked it was almost 30k trucks in it

Comment

Working...
                        X