Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost to dig out existing pond in central tx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost to dig out existing pond in central tx?

I have an older pond near Temple that is usually 3 acres when full. Pretty shallow and silted in, I'd say around 4-5' average depth. It started leaking a couple years ago and with as dry as its been is now empty. Can anyone give me a ballpark idea on what I would be looking at to have it dug out to make it deeper, as well as fixing the leak issue? It's not dry enough yet to get in but if it dries out I'd like to pull the trigger on it.

Also, if anyone has any good contacts that do this kind of work around me please let me know.

Thanks!

Prices vary per location but normally you will be looking at $100-$120 an hour per machine. If you truly want to dig it out right, then you need to get a bulldozer out there and create a swale to divert the water away from the tank for it to dry out. He can make repairs to the dam during his first visit. Then when dry, a front loader and track hoe to get in there and scoop it out and either dump it in a field or over the downstream side of the dam. Rough estimate without seeing the tank or location, you are probably looking at 4 solid days of work and mobilization. $8000 conservative to $12,000 done right. (disclaimer - this is based on work in West Texas near Lubbock)

Comment

Working...
    X