No announcement yet.

Danner hunting boot reviews ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pair of the danner pronghorn, I think they are called. Super comfortable and light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought Pronghorns last year. A $200 boot with a $.50 insert. I wore them on a nm elk hunt. No comfortable after a couple hours, and heavy. Cabelas has a 90 day return policy, so I had a week left to take them back when I got home. I'm looking for something else my self too.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
        There are a lot of good higher end hunting boots out there and how you like them really does depend a lot on how they fit your feet. Every boot is made differently.
        I have owned a number of pair of Danner's over the years and currently have the Pronghorns in both the insulated hunting boot and also a pair of the Danner Pronghorn snake boots.
        One thing to keep in mind with any boot when it comes to being waterproof. You would be surprised how much water comes in at the top of the boot from walking through wet grass, snow etc. My point being made is that it makes a huge difference if you get a good pair of waterproof gators like Kennetrek as an example, and wear them over your pants and boots. A lot of guys don't wear good gators but I have found they make a big difference. Just something else to think about.
        +2 on the gators. Helps keep my legs and feet dry.

Comment

Anyone have the danner vitals ?

Comment

Get a pair of Kenetrek mountain extreme. They are a little expensive but worth it. Most comfortable and water proof boot I have worn. A guide friend of mine sent his back after 2 years and they resoled and put new inserts in his for $100.

Comment

I have tried them all - Wolvorines are the most comfortable and have held up very well

Comment

LOWA Renegades + Snoseal and you are set!

Comment

I had the danner high grounds on my elk hunt and they didn't hold up very well. Had water in them everyday, and they were slippery as ice skates on rocks. The rubber on the bottom also started coming off after 8 days of hunting

Comment

My Danner Pronghorns were great for two years but my feet stayed wet this past September Elk hunt in them (soaked right thru). I will use them in warm weather but not in rain or wet ever again. I do not recommend the Danner Pronghorns.

Comment

It wasn't too many years ago when Danner was thought of as top-quality. (The Pronghorns I bought 20 years ago were very solid and lasted a long time) More recently I've heard more bad reviews than good about them. I guess another case of a company sacrificing quality for sales volume....

Comment

I have Pronghorn 400 thinsulate and Pronghorn side zip snake boots and love them both.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          I was going to buy these and several folks told me theirs fell apart within a few months. Let us know how they hold up if you remember.
                          Will do, these are the new 2.0 ones that came out fairly recently so we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                          X