The G O A T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
    I've never cared much for Brady, but sheesh...the guy is really that good.

Seriously, he has been the official starter for NE since the 2001 season. This season was his 17th as the starting QB for NE.

He is going to his 8th Super Bowl! That's almost going to the Super Bowl 50% of the seasons he played. Actually, it really is if you discount 2008 season that he tore his ACL in the first game that year and was out for the season.

Heck, in the 7 Super Bowls he's played in, they are 5-2.

Again, not a Tom Brady fan, but ****, he is a clear #1.
    Even more astonishing is that was his 12th conference championship start in the same 17 seasons. So he is well over 50% making it to the championship game for his career, and won 8 of them to make it to the super bowl.

Like him or not, he has a super hot wife, 5 for sure rings and possibly a 6th, more money that Davey Crockett, and can still out play at least 15 other professionals at the same position.

That organization is truly what a dynasty should be. Awesome ownership, incredible coaching, unbelievable talent at all positions both starting and back up, and a desire to win every single time.

All others just wish they could be that good.

Comment

He ain't called the G O A T for his catching abilities

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad he lost - Cheating and winning apparently makes it acceptable.

Comment

Probably democrats

Comment

I didn't read all the post, and maybe it has already been said, but there is absolutely no way to compare different generation quarterbacks.

I cannot stand Tom Brady, but the dude is good. Is it the system? Is it the coach? Maybe yes to both, but Brady continues to get the job done like no other.

But with all that said, there is absolutely no way to compare quarterbacks of this generation to earlier generations. The Roger Staubachs, Terry Bradshaws, and even as late as the John Elways, use to get the crud hit out of them. How much easier must it be to sit back in a pocket and understand that you are so protected by rules.

Now, I am not saying that todays quarterbacks don't get hit hard, but it has to be a totally different mindset. Then add to this the rules on pass interference and how that has changed. It is just a totally different game compared to years past.

Again, as much as I hate to say it, Brady has proved to be one of the best to ever play the game. Is he the GOAT? To me, that question cannot be answered.

Comment

they should have a deadliest warrior football edition and put all the stats of brady manning and Montana and see who comes out on top

Comment

Originally posted by cajun blake View Post
                  i like playing devil's advocate so here's my query ...

If bb is such a mastermind, then why did he suck so bad at cleveland ? In 5 yrs his w/l record was 36-44 before he was fired. Same guy, same personae, same cerebral thinking. He even had nicholas lou saban as his dc and they couldn't win. In 5 yrs he only drafted 1 player who was an all pro.

The only reason why bb is so successful is because he has a healthy hof qb and a great team owner. It takes all 3 to win multiple super bowls and achieve the patriot level of success. Timing is everything in life as it helps to be a little lucky.

Do you think belichick could duplicate the ne success if he were coaching at cle, den, nyj, tb ??
                  word!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

All this he's has the rings, he's the greatest is nonsense. do you really think its one player. it isn't. do you think he could have lead the Browns to the super bowl this year.....the answer is no. its a team sport and without his surrounding players and coaches he would just be another QB in the NFL

Comment

The best I every seen

Comment

Originally posted by IbeHuntn View Post
                          All this he's has the rings, he's the greatest is nonsense. do you really think its one player. it isn't. do you think he could have lead the Browns to the super bowl this year.....the answer is no. its a team sport and without his surrounding players and coaches he would just be another QB in the NFL

Lol. Someone has to be the greatest. You telling us it's a team sport is like telling us water is wet.

I guess in your world everyone gets a participation trophy?

Comment

So you can't field a football team of one and win the Super Bowl? I had no idea… Tom Brady is the best ever played and it's not even close.

There's not enough whiskey in Tennessee to make what you said makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                              I've never cared much for Brady, but sheesh...the guy is really that good.

Seriously, he has been the official starter for NE since the 2001 season. This season was his 17th as the starting QB for NE.

He is going to his 8th Super Bowl! That's almost going to the Super Bowl 50% of the seasons he played. Actually, it really is if you discount 2008 season that he tore his ACL in the first game that year and was out for the season.

Heck, in the 7 Super Bowls he's played in, they are 5-2.

Again, not a Tom Brady fan, but ****, he is a clear #1.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a ridiculous argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X