Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 the Season....West Texas Style.....the Video....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 the Season....West Texas Style.....the Video....

After a season for the books or at least my books....... this is a culmination of my rookie season of video work while chasing them with a bow. As most of you know, I took two nice bucks from my TG place and a third from a buddies place in Coke County.

After having the 9 month old Sony take a dump on me, I finally got the camcorder back from repair two weekends ago and have been downloading and cutting/editing for what seems like forever. I'll be buying some new software soon that is for sure. I left so much footage on the table it is ridiculous but alas, the hosting sites have their limits as does Ryan Bingham's lungs..

Two notes....

1). Did not film my turkey hunts but will next year....
    2). forgot to push record on the wide 8 point ()

I've learned a lot this year about videoing and hopefully can improve on things I did wrong last year.....ie steadier hand, better tripod head, more up close work....press record... As you can see, next year looks to be shaping up quite nicely.....if we can get some rain...

Anyway....this is my feeble attempt #2 at a video w/ music .

Hope you enjoy my season as much as I did putting it together....

2008 The Season....West Texas Style the Video...

I feel ya. This was my first year too. I forgot to press record once. Had an aoudad and turkey kill on video and accidently deleted it and countless other lessons in videoing this year. Congrats on your first video. What editing software did you use. Im using movie maker but would like to find something else.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Awesome video ...................

Comment

Great video Jason. Way to step it up a notch! I appreciate how much time that took to put together.

Comment

nice video! good choice on music as well! thats crazy that you hit two pigs at one time..or at least thats what happened right???

Comment

Nice video Smart!

Comment

What an awesome video! What program did you use to put it together?

Comment

Slacker! lol Nice work Hero.

Comment

It looked like broadhead just stuck into the shoulder of second pig! Did you recover the second pig?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                      What an awesome video! What program did you use to put it together?
                      Windows Movie Maker

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                      It looked like broadhead just stuck into the shoulder of second pig! Did you recover the second pig?

Good eye....Yes sir.....the ole two for one did not work.

Seriously though if you look carefully you can see the the camera jump a bit on the shot. I was aiming at the heart behind the front leg, which at the angle I was at, would have not touched the back pig. Well .....the camo on the tripod caught my limb and popped the bow up making me catch his spine and main artery back farther than I was aiming. It also caught the back pig on pass through...as you can see him yanking it out. I don't think it penetrated enough as we did not find blood or the other pig. The place was walked for two days afterwards stalking them with a bow with no sign. Honestly I was more concerned with the pole than the back pig...
                      Last edited by Smart; 02-01-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Nice. I still have to capture pics in sequence and CALL it video. LOL

Comment

Jason great job. Did you use movie maker to put your video clips together?

Comment

Good Job Smart.

Comment

nice video smart but i think you left out a key part to your hunting season.......

i see nothing about COONS in the video

Comment

Working...
                              X