Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Standard/Trane AcuComfort systems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Standard/Trane AcuComfort systems...

Have any of yall installed this and if so can you tell me if you think it is worth the extra money over a conventional system? Im going to start construction on a new home soon and wondering if this is worth the extra $$$$.

No one has these type cooling/heating system?

Comment

My in laws have that system. 21 SEER 5ton with variable speed indoor unit. Dual zoned. Works pretty well. I helped them design it. Their house is 2900 sqft single story. IMO, they are well worth money.

Comment

They are about 2x the cost of a conventional 13 seer unit. IMO, they are worth the extra money if you have it. The only thing you need to be aware of is the potential maintenance costs are higher if something breaks.

Comment

When yall are saying worth the money, is it because of the month to month cost savings due to the effeciency or is it because of the quality of air that is delivered throughout the home?

Comment

Efficiency is the main thing.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              When yall are saying worth the money, is it because of the month to month cost savings due to the effeciency or is it because of the quality of air that is delivered throughout the home?
              Overall comfort!!!

They are the best at controlling humidity and creating a house that MAINTAINS that comfort level 24/7/365. No temperature swings no hot and cold spots. Creates longer run times at a minimal setting. Also filters the air in your home a lot longer. If the unit ain’t running it ain’t filtering!

I sold and installed close to 100 of these systems this last year and not one single person said they wished they didn’t buy it. Several Tbhers too.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                Overall comfort!!!

They are the best at controlling humidity and creating a house that MAINTAINS that comfort level 24/7/365. No temperature swings no hot and cold spots. Creates longer run times at a minimal setting. Also filters the air in your home a lot longer. If the unit ain’t running it ain’t filtering!

I sold and installed close to 100 of these systems this last year and not one single person said they wished they didn’t buy it. Several Tbhers too.
                Hoping those TBHers see this and chime in with their thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                  Overall comfort!!!

So when can you install one for me?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Hoping those TBHers see this and chime in with their thoughts.
                    I put one in my last house and as soon as I recoup some funds from the remodel of this house I am putting one in here as well.

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    So when can you install one for me?
                    You say when! Ha. I will see what we can do to help. I know you are on the other side of the world but we can try.

Comment

Working...
                    X